Sadeas SPOILERS

Maffu17

Jasnah died, Jasnah came back.

Szeth died, Szeth came back.

Sadeas died....

Why couldn't his murderer have just thrown the corpse from the tower and let gravity and the abrasive mountain rock transform the body into a smooth paste. Then I maybe could believe he'd stay dead.

Jasnah's corpse wasn't found.

Szeth's corpse wasn't found, and we knew by then Shardblade wounds could be healed.

Sadeas though, is very much dead. Oathbringer appeared by his body, hard to think he's not a corpse.

I'm just worried someone with progression or the voidbinder equivalent will wander along and find his corpse and recruit him to the dark side. The Shardblade would likely appear if someone was drowned, even if resuscitated afterwards.

Incidentally did anyone else think Jasnah's "body" was a Lightweaver illusion as reading WoR? The blade going through her chest but the only audible noise being when it struck the deck beneath her seemed like a big clue to me, but at that time I was confused about the Radiant's crossover powers I thought Jasnah has some secondary Lightweaving abilities.

Ketek is right. Sadeas isn't coming back any time soon. Frankly, with everything else WoR revealed, we really don't need him as a threat. His part in the story is complete, I believe.

Jasnah's body couldn't have been an illusion, as she doesn't have access to the Illumination Surge. She is an Elsecaller, meaning she has Transformation (Soulcasting) and Transportation. Transportation provides the power of Elsecalling, which allows instantaneous travel and the ability to enter the other Realms "in the flesh". That's not the best term, it essentially means that the person can be as fully in the other Realms, at least the Cognitive, as they are in the Physical normally.

She might have Soulcast a lifeless copy of herself. Though on second though, she's supposed to be rather unskilled at soulcasting organic stuff.

Though on second second thought (third thought?), if I remember correctly, the lighting was pretty bad and the situation chaotic, so she might have made a passable copy of her figure that could have passed as her sleeping (or unconscious) body.

Anyways, while I disliked having her death being completely nullified towards the end of the book, I am happy I can still hold on to my Jasnah/Kaladin OTP.

Holy rust, I'm not the only one who shipped Kaladin and Jasnah?!

Anyway, I agree with GP that (Torol) Sadeas' part in this story is done. Watch out for Ialai though, I'm relatively sure she's going to do something in the third book.

Edited by Ketek

Ketek is right. Sadeas isn't coming back any time soon. Frankly, with everything else WoR revealed, we really don't need him as a threat. His part in the story is complete, I believe.

Jasnah's body couldn't have been an illusion, as she doesn't have access to the Illumination Surge. She is an Elsecaller, meaning she has Transformation (Soulcasting) and Transportation. Transportation provides the power of Elsecalling, which allows instantaneous travel and the ability to enter the other Realms "in the flesh". That's not the best term, it essentially means that the person can be as fully in the other Realms, at least the Cognitive, as they are in the Physical normally.

Theoretically she could have used a Lightweaving Fabrial. I mean that's not likely, since it would mean she had a Fabrial beyond the current technological level, but it's possible. We know there are more advanced Fabrials out there that are presumably relics from an earlier age, after all.

As for Sadeas I agree with you. Now that Urithiru has been rediscovered and the Knights Radiant refounded Sadeas has become insignificant. He was simply no longer playing the same game as Dalinar. When he gave his little speech about the Surgebinders being fakes rather than irritation I felt sorry for him. With the various secret societies, the corrupted Listeners and Odium himself we hardly want for villains.

Holy rust, I'm not the only one who shipped Kaladin and Jasnah?!

Anyway, I agree with GP that (Torol) Sadeas' part in this story is done. Watch out for Ialai though, I'm relatively sure she's going to do something in the third book.

You're probably right; she got some interesting development in WoR, and that could definitely be seeding her for more in the future.

I always thought of Ialai as being the brains behind Torol. The latter is more... blunt, confrontational. Much more of a warlord. It will be interesting to see what Ialai does with the power she has. Can she become a highprince in her own right, I wonder?

I always thought of Ialai as being the brains behind Torol. The latter is more... blunt, confrontational. Much more of a warlord. It will be interesting to see what Ialai does with the power she has. Can she become a highprince in her own right, I wonder?

Sexist as Alethkar is, I highly doubt it. Highprincess does not have as nice a ring to it. Most likely one of Sadeas's upper nobles will take the princedom.

But that's the point - Ialai may well be smart enough to overcome the sexism, although I think it's more likely she may marry whoever takes over the princedom.

And I think it'd still be highprince, much like how female Sith are still called Sith Lord instead of Sith Lady.

Sexist as Alethkar is, I highly doubt it. Highprincess does not have as nice a ring to it. Most likely one of Sadeas's upper nobles will take the princedom.

Let's just hope it isn't Amaram.

EDIT - do we know that Sadeas doesn't have any children? I don't remember anything being said either way.

Edited by Wrath

I don't recall either, but I figure any sons would have been mentioned. I can understand daughters not being too well-known.

So if there's an eligible heir, it'll probably be a bastard.

And ugh, Amaram. This post has been reported for attempting to skirt the ruleThis post has been reported for attempting to skirt the rules detest the guy.

Edited by Ketek

Let's just hope it isn't Amaram.

EDIT - do we know that Sadeas doesn't have any children? I don't remember anything being said either way.

I don't think it has ever been stated outright. I assume he has none. If he did, they would almost certainly be on the Plains and would have been of great attention to the Kholins. He may have had them once and lost them.

Edit: ninja'd by Ketek

Ketek: You might want to review forum policy. The mods to not like swearing. A swear filter was recently made, but it clearly doesn't catch the word you used in your last post. I would suggest you edit it out.  :)

Edited by GreyPilgrim

• 2 weeks later...

I think Sadeas is actually dead for all the reasons people list above.

It seems to me that Sadeas and his death is going to cast a very long shadow, but that the person that Sadeas actually was had run out of steam.  In some ways, he is probably going to have a bigger influence by being killed than he would have alive.  Alive, he would have tried his stupid scheme to bring down Dalinar which would have made him even less important to the various players.  Dead, though, a good propagandist can have him ready to do whatever the speaker thinks would have been a good idea, as long as it would have been acting against Dalinar in particular and the Kholin's in general.

• Chaos locked this topic