Crazy Theory-Odiums Victory and Series Future

Zionite

Okay heres my crazy  theory on what the future of Stormlight archive series will be like.

randon has stated that Stormlight archive is actually made of 2 series.Each one made of 5 books.We are still in the 1st series but Brandons dropped some interesting hint about the 2nd series-Im just gonna focus on one.

Brandon said that Braize will feature in the 2nd series of Stormlight.This makes me spin a rather crazy but awesome-if-true Theory.That the 2nd half of Stormlight will take place on Braize not Roshar.For this to happen,It means only one thing-Odium wins.

Its not hard to see how this could happen

Book 3-Voidbringers are awakening all over the world.Ends with Unmade being freed.

Book 4-Unmade and Voidbringers on the loose causing havoc..Ends with Unmade freeing Odium from Braize(Honor is dead so cant stop them)

Book 5-Unmade and Voidbringers and Odium .Ends with Humanity being dragged to Damanation (Braize).

2nd series will therefore focus on the Humanitys fight on Roshar with the Braize of a newly trained army of Radiants.It will deal with their Fight for survival,their fight for freedom from Braize and fight to kill Odium.

This is an interesting idea, but I'm inclined to doubt it. The fact that Series 2 features Braize doesn't necessarily mean that Odium wins--it could simply mean that we will see villain POVs set there, or perhaps some main characters will voluntarily journey there specifically to kill Odium. There are a vast number of possibilities that can be derived from that statement.

And while I like the general concept of Radiants fighting an underground revolution against Rayse, in contrast to their previous out-in-the-open position, I think the fact that Brandon Sanderson has told that kind of story twice now makes this unlikely. Mistborn: The Final Empire and Steelheart were both about revolutionaries struggling against unstoppable tyrants, so I doubt that he will tread the same path for Stormlight 5-10.

So far, the series has been progressing far more rapidly than I think anyone could have guessed (can't give details because this isn't the WoR board). I think the next few books will likely contain revelations that will take everyone by surprise and lay a completely unforeseen foundation for the second series. That won't stop us from doing our best to predict them though. :)

This is an interesting idea, but I'm inclined to doubt it. The fact that Series 2 features Braize doesn't necessarily mean that Odium wins--it could simply mean that we will see villain POVs set there, or perhaps some main characters will voluntarily journey there specifically to kill Odium. There are a vast number of possibilities that can be derived from that statement.

And while I like the general concept of Radiants fighting an underground revolution against Rayse, in contrast to their previous out-in-the-open position, I think the fact that Brandon Sanderson has told that kind of story twice now makes this unlikely. Mistborn: The Final Empire and Steelheart were both about revolutionaries struggling against unstoppable tyrants, so I doubt that he will tread the same path for Stormlight 5-10.

So far, the series has been progressing far more rapidly than I think anyone could have guessed (can't give details because this isn't the WoR board). I think the next few books will likely contain revelations that will take everyone by surprise and lay a completely unforeseen foundation for the second series. That won't stop us from doing our best to predict them though. :)

Yeah you're right it doesnt  necessarily mean it will be set on Braize-jus thowing the theoryout there

.And I actually see why a Radiant underground revolution could be a rehash of the conflict in Mistborn.

BUT i think it could turn out differently-The Radiants fight on Braize would not be an Underground revolution-It would be a fight for survival on a hell-planet. Thats less V for Vendetta and more walking dead.It would be a Fight to escape Hell and return to their beloved Roshar.Odium would not be a dictator on Braize-rather hed be a sadistic joker who is using the entire planet to torture humanity.

And yeah you are very right about the series progressing rapidly-Which is why I cldnt help wondering what was left for the 2nd series to deal with it.

I'm actually really digging this theory. With every book we know there's not much to worry about. A character might die, but we know the good guys win against the "unstoppable" evil overlord trying to take over/destroy the world. Sanderson is SO good at making twist plot points that really shake up the genre expectations, I could totally see humanity losing to Odium.

The thing is, Brandon's an optimist. And, he intends the two arcs to be potentially stand alone. So I doubt that he'll end one on such a sour  note, even if it is so cool.  I envision the first arc ending with the stormfather letting the spren through, and with Kaladin dead.

As a modification, I'd say that in book 5 Kaladin goes in as Honor's champion and gets himself wrecked. The next few books are probably about scrambling to find out what it was that Honor did, maybe finding Cultivation, and basically a mad dash to find a new victory while Odium blows up Roshar. Going to Braize will likely be the last book, at least climactically speaking.

W/E, I'm not fond of the theory, but I can see if happening in a way.

I don't think Kaladin would get wrecked but I don't think he'll necessarily win either (at least so soon.) If it were any other Roshar-native character then I'd agree and say they'd get wrecked. I don't feel like the clash with Odium as far as Roshar goes will happen so soon as the first half of SA but I figure something related to the overall SA story will tie-in to whatever happens during modern Mistborn since that'll happen between the two halves.

It bugs me because we still have not the first hint as to what will occur during the second half and I can't see this lasting ten books so something has GOT to happen that we have absolutely no foggy idea about to make it stretch so long.

The real thing that kills me is that I'm pretty sure Brandon has said that SA will not have an enormous, Cosmere-wide effect, something seriously hampering my personal speculation and judgement, since the amount of hints we get all point to major crap going down in the near future :/

I think it's more likely that the first five books will end with Rayse's death... but that doesn't mean Odium's Shard is gone. The epigraph

“I hold the suckling child in my hands, a knife at his throat, and know that all who live wish me to let the blade slip. Spill its blood upon the ground, over my hands, and with it gain us further breath to draw.”

makes me think of a scenario where the Shard is floating around, trying to possess someone, and somehow ends up in a child (or there's some requirements met by the child to hold Odium's Shard).

I can't see odium loosing. I see it ending with him freed somehow. If they defeat odium then what do we have space travel in mistborn 3 for? We know their was something working against Adonalsium but odium's shard shattering shanagins seems to be too good of a device to loose.

Just had a thought.  What if part of winning against Odium will involve the current KR forcing the Heralds back into the Oathpact?  In other words, killing them?  That would be a pretty neat twist.

Also, Zionite, wow I've never seen a negaspren before!

• Chaos locked this topic