My second theory, though I am not fully confident in its veracity. If your're familiar with TV Tropes, think of it as a "Wild Mass Guess".

So, I am currently re-reading WoK again, trying to observe details I may have missed the first dozen times. It occured to me that an artist named Dandos the Oilsworn has been mentioned in both Stormlight installments so far. According to Kabsal, he was one of the great masters of pencil-art, but lived around three hundred years prior to WoK.

Now, call me paranoid, but I've come to distrust any historical character frequently mentioned in a Brandon Sanderson novel. And so I have come to the conclusion that Dandos was one of the Ten Heralds, who apparently decided to take up an artistic hobby since the last Desolation.

What evidence do I have to support this? Well, his full name is given as "Dandos Heraldin". So if any of the Heralds was known for his habit of taking up unimaginative pseudonyms, that's him. :P

Discuss my tenuous grasp of logic below. I just wanted to be able to say "I told you so" in the event that this insanity becomes canon. :)

Edited by Kobold King

Isn't Warbreaker around 300 years before Way of Kings?

My money's on Vasher, or maybe another Returned. maybe.

Maybe another Returned we haven't met, but probably not Vasher, and we've accounted for the other "5 Scholars" from Warbreaker, at least in text. 

I'm thinking it's a cameo for the artist as Coppermind mentions, but could Brandon turn that character into something more cosmere related? sure!

• Chaos locked this topic