Heralds Need a Jump-start (spoilers)

RadiantNights

I thought it was weird that the the only time the talenel really did anything other than ramble was when he felt threatened or protective. When shallan tried to lightweave in his cell he pinned her against the wall and remembered the order and his fellow Herald. Also when the ghostbloods tried to kill amaram at the end he caught the darts out of the air. Impressive for a madman for sure. I think talenel has a sort of "battle mode" in his incapacitated state and in the next book he will be called into battle by someone who knows who he is and it will somehow Jump-start him out of his funk and he will be awesome in all his heraldic glory.

As for nalan going around killing up and coming radiants. Well he obviously thinks this is some kind of perverted justice that he has to lay down to prevent the come desolation. However I don't think he really understands what he did giving szeth nightblood. When szeth gets to shinovar and starts getting his justice on the stone shamans, I bet nalan will be like holy crop what have I done giving this power to him. I think this will Jump-start nalan also and make him join the fight against the voidbringers.

Finally if jezrien really is the drunk in kholinar, then he's in for a big surprise when Kaladin shows up to quell these riots and get the Queen in line. Seeing Kaladin being a windrunner and being all noble and what not will make him remember the old oaths he swore and will accompany Kaladin to urithiru when he goes back.

Not sure I'm into the theory that shalash was the one destroying the art but if she was I'm not really sure what would Jump-start her.

Any ideas?

I just really want to see a Nalen vs Taln battle at some point, since Nalen seems to be going around killing people and Taln seems to come alive when defending someone, I could imagine a scenario later on (I'm thinking book 5 material) where Taln stands up for the radiants as they're developing against Nalen or other heralds. As he's the only one who didn't lie to the people and abandon the oathpack, he may be the best hope the radiants have to fight against the forces that want to destroy them. 

I don't necessarily believe it will happen, I just really want to see two heralds fighting.   And Taln getting to beat up his old companions.

Edited by deddinty

• Chaos locked this topic