A Lord of the rings nod?

Lizzardborn

When Shallan was breaking into the monastery Yatil said something that sounded disturbingly like Gollum in Lord of the rings when she tries to immitate madness.

“Should we kill them?” she muttered. “No. No, we shouldn’t. But someone will see! No, do not say these things. No. I will not listen to you.”

I haven't read LoTR in english but I do remember something like that in the scenes with Gollum.

When Shallan was breaking into the monastery Yatil said something that sounded disturbingly like Gollum in Lord of the rings when she tries to immitate madness.

“Should we kill them?” she muttered. “No. No, we shouldn’t. But someone will see! No, do not say these things. No. I will not listen to you.”

I haven't read LoTR in english but I do remember something like that in the scenes with Gollum.

Of course Gollum managed to survive Mount Doom by world hopping to Roshar! He is the true leader of the Sons of Honor!!

Talking of nods did anyone else feel that the whole horse riding lesson scene was one massive nod towards WOT? With the appearance of what were for all intents and purposes 'skirts divided for riding' and the sturdy mare which was very Bella like...

Talking of nods did anyone else feel that the whole horse riding lesson scene was one massive nod towards WOT? With the appearance of what were for all intents and purposes 'skirts divided for riding' and the sturdy mare which was very Bella like...

Riding skirts are real, but perhaps the choice to include them had some influence. I considered being reminded of Bela with the one gentle horse. But there's only one Bela! Although Egwene did make a dream Bela once...

• Chaos locked this topic