the reshi islands (spoiler)

Lift

Hi there,

during Dalinars vision in the purelake he sees thunderclasts. They are made of spren that inhabit stone , as far as I understood it.

I got reminded of the reshi Islands/gods, that are very huge, stonelike beings.

I wonder, if those Islands are thunderclasts/voidbringers, that only wait for the Everstorm to Change them. If so, poor inhabitants of the reshi islands :o, if not, sorry for overdoing the theorizing.

No, the Reshi Islands - the tai-na - are enormous greatshells, this much we know. Nothing in the description really suggests stone, so as far as I am concerned, there is nothing linking them to the thunderclasts.

Hi, Lift.  Welcome to 17S.  

The Reshi isles definitely are bonded with a spren.  If I am not much mistaken, Brandion indicated that this bond coupled with the lower gravity on Roshar (0.7 G) is what enables greatshells to grow to their massive size.  Particularly so in the case of the chasmfiends and the Reshi floating isles.  It also appears that these creatures are still driven primarily by instinct although the spren boded to the isles seems to be fairly cognizant in the physical realm and seems to be able to consciously direct effort and communication.  It is also my understanding that each of these greatshells is a living creature in a symbiotic relationship with a spren whereas thunderclasts are essentially corrupt spren wearing stone bodies.  So I think that there is a substantial difference between the Reshi isles and thunderclasts.

Also, no apologies for overdoing theorizing.  That is what these forums are for.  :D

Thanks for the Information, anyway.

I really don`t know half of what most everyone else seems to know. But this Forum is helping a lot there.

We have all been there.  Don't feel discouraged.  There is a lot to pick up on, but I am sure you'll be up to speed soon.

• Chaos locked this topic