Who is going to get an honorblade? (Full book spoilers)

PudgyNinja

So, at the end of the book, team Dalinar/Kaladin has Szeth's honorblade.  Who do you think is going to end up with it?  No obvious answers spring to mind.

Bridge 4 seems like they're already going to get Windrunner powers through their connection with Kaladin.

Adolin, not being bonded to a spren seems like an okay candidate, but the Honorblade wouldn't work while he's in plate, and that's one of his main assets - being a Plate and Blade duelist.

Dalinar, Shallan, Renarin and Kaladin are all Radiants with their own spren/blades.  Wouldn't stop them I guess.  Kaladin could bond with it just to keep it safe, but it seems like a wasted resource.

Who's left?  Navani?  Shen (I forget his new name)?  Man, Shen with an honorblade might be a force.

I think Dalinar would be the ideal choice! Remember that the Grouchfather has decided he is too good to be a blade for Dalinar, so he's actually bladeless now.  The Honorblade would let him fly around and impress people with the Radiant's return.  Plus, we would get to see what happens when you wield and Honorblade that bestows a surge you already have naturally (adhesion).

I think Dalinar would be the ideal choice! Remember that the Grouchfather has decided he is too good to be a blade for Dalinar, so he's actually bladeless now.  The Honorblade would let him fly around and impress people with the Radiant's return.  Plus, we would get to see what happens when you wield and Honorblade that bestows a surge you already have naturally (adhesion).

Oh, yeah.  Good catch.  You're right, without a natural blade it's a perfect fit.  And he already gave up his armor.

I'm hoping for Taln to regain his sanity and seek out his fellow heralds. It seems he's not even aware that they abandoned the Oath-pact yet. His reaction will be something interesting to see. If Jezrien's a drooling mess, and Wit has Taln's blade, my vote goes to Taln getting the blade. 

I doubt it'll happen, I just want to see Heralds kicking chull instead of hiding. I can dream.  

AND that they wouldn't need to pass the "requirements" to be able to use it.

Then wouldn't the safest place or it to be with someone who is already following the Ideals for their own reasons?

I like the idea of Dalinar getting an Honorblade. I'm interested to see if he would get access to 3 surges or not.

• Chaos locked this topic