What do you think about Szeth and his new ... (spoilers)?

cybera

So what do you think of Szeths new black shardblade and the guy that gave it to him. I have the distinct feeling that he's being played again and the person who revived him was odium. Came to this forum to see how popular that opinion is?

I just feel tha the final battle will be between Szeth and Kaladin as they will be the champions mentioned.

Edited by cybera

Warbreakerwarbreakerwarbreakerwarbreaker... :D

Zahel and that "Shardblade" being here was most awesome thing about this book. Everything was up to eleven but this, I didn't expect this ever to happen and there it is in second book of this series......

Edited by 213

I was basically giddy with excitement, drawing strange looks from the other passengers on my flight as I giggled and mouthed "omg omg omg" to myself.

Like the others mentioned, do yourself a favor and read some of Brandon's other cosmere books, Warbreaker in particular.

Hey there and welcome.

Well, the first question would be: Have you read other books by Brandon and are Cosmere aware?

I've read quite a few of them, but I honestly rarely make leaps between them. I do enjoy reading about the connections other people find.

I've read mistborne 1-3; alloy of law; warbreaker; elantris;

I've read quite a few of them, but I honestly rarely make leaps between them. I do enjoy reading about the connections other people find.

I've read mistborne 1-3; alloy of law; warbreaker; elantris;

He's new "Shardblade" is Nightblood from Warbreaker and Zahel is Vasher.

Warbreakerwarbreakerwarbreakerwarbreaker... :D

Zahel and that "Shardblade" being here was most awesome thing about this book. Everything was up to eleven but this, I didn't expect this ever to happen and there it is in second book of this series......

god you're making me exited but I do not remember any simiral blade in warbreaker. remind me please so I can join the hype.

He's new "Shardblade" is Nightblood from Warbreaker and Zahel is Vasher.

WHAAAAT? how do we know this? as far as i remember nightblood fed on BioChroma in order to use him. how the hell would szeth use him?

Edited by cybera

:D :D Don't have exact quotes, but Zahel swears using flowers, which is normal on Warbreaker's planet as they worship colors and flowers are important stuff there. He also has a lifesense as he senses Kaladin behind him as well as wakes up sensing someone near. He also mentions something about not hearing stuff in his mind. 

Nightblood was the talking sword Vasher had in Warbreaker. One he tended to throw at enemies feet so they could slaughter each other :D That sword had a command to destroy evil, was black and talked which is exact thing this new sword looks like and does.

About Biochroma thing we have Word of Brandon that different magic systems can use investiture from different worlds, i.e Nightblood could be fueled with Stormlight instead of Biochroma. This also might be reason why Vasher is on Roshar, tired of feeding on Breath every week and instead using Stormlight to stay alive, which is easier as well as more right thing to do imo...

Edited by 213

• Chaos locked this topic