Wiith a close read or WoR I noticed something very interesting. In chapter 59 whiile tuning his instrument, he speaks to himself, noting how much easier this is with perfect pitch. Being a total Brandon Sanderson follower it immediately clicked that this is one of the benefits gained from awakening as noted in the Ars Arcanum of Warbreaker. This most likely means that he gained this by acquiring breaths, at least 200 since that is the requisite amount of breaths for the second level of awakening, which grants perfect pitch.

This makes an interesting question, why would Hoid take these and how will he use them? We know of his fascination with magic, he did in all likelihood since there is a reference to Token in the WoR arcanum. Combined with the theory that he has a bead of lerasium, this is intriguing why he is gaining elements from all magic systems. What is his purpose?

Good catch, there were a few Warbreaker (easter eggs??) in the book too.... 

But as for your question, I think it is the Ultimate question in all the Cosmere.  This post has been reported for attempting to skirt the rules is Hoid doing!? :blink:

But as for your question, I think it is the Ultimate question in all the Cosmere.  This post has been reported for attempting to skirt the rules is Hoid doing!? :blink:

I don't know. Maybe he wants to be dictator of the cosmere?!! :o

He seems to want to counter Odium, while whoever penned the Reply wants him to remain occupied and effectively in stasis on Roshar.

There's already a theory on this in the Cosmere section besides from the perfect pitch (what he's doing), I'll try to find it quick and post a link.

Edit: Found it! http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/3793-hoids-purpose/?hl=%2Bhoid+%2Bpurpose There's at least one thread for his purposes, probably others too, but this one has some nice theories.

Edited by Rade

• Chaos locked this topic