Wild Ten Deaths Theory

chikinllama

As the release date for WoR draws close, I decided to throw another wildly speculative theory in the ring. I don't think I've seen this before, but please correct me if I am wrong :)

So we know from the sample chapters that thunderclasts are spren that animate stone. My speculation is that like midnight essence, thunderclasts are one of the Ten Deaths, and that each Death arises from a corrupted spren from one of the surgebinding orders animating its respective essence to create some type of monster.

If this were the case, thunderclasts would be generated by spren from Kelek's order animating stone and midnight essence would be generated by spren from Nalan's order animating smoke.

Using this to extrapolate the other ten deaths, we'd have, in order starting with Jezrien's order: some type of air/storm elemental, midnight essence, some type of lava/fire elemental, evil crystals?, ents?, blood parasites?, environmental hazard (oil spill?), animated weapons/armor (a la Wheel of Time), thunderclasts, and zombies?

Obviously Mr. Sanderson has something much more interesting in mind, but this was hilarious to think up...

• Chaos locked this topic