Names of combined shards

Chid

When Ruin and Preservation combined, they became Harmony.  

What might other combined shards be called?

Some guesses: 

Devotion+Dominion=Loyalty

Devotion+Endowment=Charity

Honor+Dominion+Endowment=Justice

Odium+Honor=Vengeance (which would be totally awesome)

Harmony's main goals seems to be to preserve free will. Odium hates, and thus the new shard would likely hate those who destroy free will. Thus, I propose- Freedom. Vengeance also makes sense.

Do we know via WoB the names of any other shards? I think I saw someone mention a Kindness shard somewhere.Kindness + Odium?

I just had an image of a neigorhood with this one guy walking down the street... and the entire population of the planet is following him from around the block. There are mountain-sized mounds of people kicking and struggling to see this one guy. In complete silence.

odium+preservation, tricky one. it hates you, but can't destroy you. maybe Imprisonment, or Stalking?

Torture, maybe? I wouldn't want to get Odium + Preservation on my case. Put in a sort of stasis forever while being tortured and unable to do anything about it. The Heralds had it bad enough...

There is WoB that Ruin and Cultivation would work well together. I guess their combined Intents could be Entropy, things growing and then dying as they naturally should. Though that does sound kind of boring... unless Entropy makes a race of giants who grow until their body can no longer support their weight, like an improved form of koloss, or like Bean from the Orson Scott Card's Ender series.

odium+preservation, tricky one. it hates you, but can't destroy you. maybe Imprisonment, or Stalking?

I'll go with Isolation. Maybe he'll make a race of extremely individualistic libertarians who live alone in their own fortress of solitude (or Kredik Shaws) and reproduce by mitosis, or something.

There is WoB that Ruin and Cultivation would work well together. I guess their combined Intents could be Entropy, things growing and then dying as they naturally should. Though that does sound kind of boring... unless Entropy makes a race of giants who grow until their body can no longer support their weight, like an improved form of koloss, or like Bean from the Orson Scott Card's Ender series.

I'll go with Isolation. Maybe he'll make a race of extremely individualistic libertarians who live alone in their own fortress of solitude (or Kredik Shaws) and reproduce by mitosis, or something.

I think Ruin already is Entropy. Ruin and Cultivation would be more like Mortality.

I think Ruin already is Entropy. Ruin and Cultivation would be more like Mortality.

Sure. I was thinking that cultivation can also be seen as promoting entropy (in the sense of "lessening of disorder" rather than "energy dispersal", which is closer to Ruin's Intent), so that's what the two Shards have in common. But I guess Mortality also works. :)

Edited by skaa

We know that Rayse doesn't want to take any more shards because it would change his nature.  What if they somehow force or trick him into taking Honor so he will no longer be just Odium, but then the plan backfires because he swears vengeance, and he is now twice as powerful!  Muahahahahaha!

preservation+cultivation may be Utopia.

I am not even sure if this could work. I guess it should, but those two are about as diametrically opposed as Preservation and Ruin. You can't really cultivate or grow something if you are trying to preserve it and keep it unchanged.

preservation+cultivation may be Utopia.

I am not even sure if this could work. I guess it should, but those two are about as diametrically opposed as Preservation and Ruin. You can't really cultivate or grow something if you are trying to preserve it and keep it unchanged.

Well, it could be Perfection: grow/cultivate something until it is in its best possible state, and then do everything to preserve that state. The problem is that humans created with such an Intent would be extremely competitive, especially against those they consider as "other". Without a universal standard of what is "perfect", discrimination, racism, and war might be common. So unless the holder of this hybrid Shard uses the Intent wisely, it wouldn't really be a utopia, I think.

Edited by skaa

• 3 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic