Hemuralgy on sel

Sirscott13

My theory is that if you could take the powers from every region on sel and put them into one person, then that would limit the region lock of the powers. Because now the individual has power representation no matter where they go. Basically the entire planet of Sel becomes the region.

I speculate that by creating a single person with all the form based magic systems of sel, that the person would in essence create a new power based off the planet itself. Speculations?

Almost wonder if it would be easier to perform hemalurgy on the planet itself. If it has an active convection currents I don't think Hemalurgy would see any difference between blood and magma as both are flowing. The trick would be finding the bind points IE the origin of each of the magical domains and spike them.

Here's where the fun comes in. The spikes themselves would have be hewn from the same ore. Smelted into a single ingot before made into spikes. Then you use a forger or if you can find one a user of AonDor to bind them all together with their own distinctive mark. Then you go about spiking the planet. More or less this would be a practice of performing hemalurgy on the shattered shards to pull them together. Or at least link them with the magical equivalent of quantum entanglement. Seons and the cousins could possibly be used in this matter to act as the bind point's care takers.

From there... I'd say you have forgers and aondor users working together to create one massive glyph of sorts which acts as the fulcrum of all those magic system's power and essentially make a faux shard. Or this case weld the splinters of two shard together. The ideal location would probably be the shardpool in Elantris.

May also make a good site to allow world hopping.

Edited by Darkarma

My theory is that if you could take the powers from every region on sel and put them into one person, then that would limit the region lock of the powers. Because now the individual has power representation no matter where they go. Basically the entire planet of Sel becomes the region.

I speculate that by creating a single person with all the form based magic systems of sel, that the person would in essence create a new power based off the planet itself. Speculations?

I doubt it would work.

If you did that, you would have access to every region of the planet, but it wouldn't give you any unique powers. It would be like getting every misting power through hemalurgy. You would only have access to whatever powers were local to your region, just as if you steal misting powers you only have access to powers that you have the metal of. You would be a Sel type 'Mistborn' but would have no unique strengths. 

If you were 1000 miles away from your focus, your geographical region, you would get no power from that region and would have no access to those powers.

• 3 weeks later...

Easier to just reforge the shattered shards on Sel and make friends with whoever holds them, WoB is that it is possible to "hack" the system so you could even use sel magic on another planet.

Sort of like Hemalurgy was Ruin/Harmonies magic system, so Ati/Sazed automagically knows how anything possible with it can be accomplished. After 1000 years of experiments, TLR never found any more ways to use Hemalurgy than the bits ruin gave to him to make the Inquisition, blessings, and kloss. It was just to complex. 

There are many more geographical focal points on the planet, and the glyphs, just no mortal knows what they are.

• Chaos locked this topic