Is ShardPlate of Cultivation

OriginsSpren

Now i don't have a lot to go off here so please bear with me. If i missed anything please let me know.

Exhibit A. We get no evidence that the Heralds(created by Honor) have shardplate. Just honorblade

Exhibit B. Shardblades go to somewhere ephemeral when they are not in use(spiritual or cognitive realm)

Exhibit C. We hear that that shardplate will fix itself(regrow) in time and also that with only one piece of shardplate and enough time it is possible for someone to grow a now suit of plate.

Exhibit D. Shens Lashings(assumed to be given from an honor blade) do not work on plate(of cultivation)

Haven't really thought through the mechanics of how this would work in practice(certain spren and surgebinders having access to plate vs swords depending on how close they were to honor/cultivation) Just an idea ive been thinking about for a while. 

Let me know what you think.

Now i don't have a lot to go off here so please bear with me. If i missed anything please let me know.

Exhibit A. We get no evidence that the Heralds(created by Honor) have shardplate. Just honorblade

Exhibit B. Shardblades go to somewhere ephemeral when they are not in use(spiritual or cognitive realm)

Exhibit C. We hear that that shardplate will fix itself(regrow) in time and also that with only one piece of shardplate and enough time it is possible for someone to grow a now suit of plate.

Exhibit D. Shens Lashings(assumed to be given from an honor blade) do not work on plate(of cultivation)

Haven't really thought through the mechanics of how this would work in practice(certain spren and surgebinders having access to plate vs swords depending on how close they were to honor/cultivation) Just an idea ive been thinking about for a while. 

Let me know what you think.

A. True. Plus we find out that Tanavast was shocked by the spren creating radiants in imitation of the Heralds.

B. Dalinar told Adolin to keep his blade as mist. So, sounds right that it would be one or the other. My bet is on cognitive realm.

C. Yup.

D. Szeth's lashings do not work in plate, so it stands to reason that Honorblade abilities can not function in plate. This seems to indicate that plate was not created by honor.

If the blades and plate were created by a shardic being, and odium does not share power! then cultivation seems the correct answer.

+1

The only thing that could undermine this is if the spren created plates and blades themselves through their nahel bonds.

A. True. Plus we find out that Tanavast was shocked by the spren creating radiants in imitation of the Heralds.

B. Dalinar told Adolin to keep his blade as mist. So, sounds right that it would be one or the other. My bet is on cognitive realm.

C. Yup.

D. Szeth's lashings do not work in plate, so it stands to reason that Honorblade abilities can not function in plate. This seems to indicate that plate was not created by honor.

If the blades and plate were created by a shardic being, and odium does not share power! then cultivation seems the correct answer.

+1

The only thing that could undermine this is if the spren created plates and blades themselves through their nahel bonds.

D I think is answered Here. Shardplate is heavily invested, which is why it resists influence. Of course, the plate being invested with the power of Cultivation instead of Honor would (presumably) have the same effect. Though it does make you consider the Radiants, because as far as we know, the Windrunners still wore plate without interference that we know of, and the ones in Dalinar's vision appeared to be using their abilities just fine with plate on.

• Chaos locked this topic