Jezrien =/= Stormfather, it is a misunderstanding?

NthBelisarius

My hypothesis basically goes like this:

1. The Stormfather is  some sort of spren or spren-like being that is separate from Jezrien, the Herald.

2. When the Radiants were formed, the Windrunners learned from their honorspren about the leader of the honorspren, known as the Stormfather.

3. Someone in the Windrunners jokingly started to refer to Jezrien as "Stormfather" because he was their leader, and the name stuck :rolleyes: .

4. Over several desolations (and the associated knowledge loss) and the 4000 years since the last one, people who heard the Windrunners calling Jezrien "Stormfather" started to believe he really was the Stormfather, helped by the fact that they never see the real one and/or Jezrien being awesome enough with his powers that it was believable .

There is basically no real evidence for this, but I think it a believable hypothesis for how Jezrien might become know as the Stormfather and worshipped as such when he isn't.

There you go, rip it apart if you wish :D .

Here's a slight modification. What if the Stormfather was Jezrien's Nahel Bonding spren? Then each Herald would have a ruling spren that governs the lesser spren that form Nahel bonds with the Herald's corresponding order of the Knights Radiant. So just like the Windrunners follow Jezrien, the Honorspren follow the Stormfather. 

I've got a somewhat related theory over here. I think it's also important to remember that even in Vorinism, they don't actually think that Jezrien has all that much to do with the storms. It was simply a title for him, and a bunch of sharders with whom I disagree seem to think he actually IS the storm (not to bash them or anything -- they could very well be right). As far as we actually know, Kaladin is the only person who's seen the face in the storm. It could be mere coincidence (or better yet, your theory) that both Jezrien and the leader of the Honorspren are called Stormfather.

I think it's important to remember that Rosharans don't anthropomorphise the storms in the way we do. (they aren't nearly as cosmerically aware as us). Given how BS likes to play with what people in his worlds assume they understand, I'd say that there's actually a pretty good foundation for your theory.

What if the Stormfather was Jezrien's Nahel Bonding spren?

As far as we understand the Heralds, they didn't actually have spren. The spren apparently came up with the idea of bonding to form the KR all by themselves. That doesn't necessarily mean he didn't have a spren, we just have no reason to believe that he did.

As far as we understand the Heralds, they didn't actually have spren. The spren apparently came up with the idea of bonding to form the KR all by themselves. That doesn't necessarily mean he didn't have a spren, we just have no reason to believe that he did.

True, I seem to like making up theories that have no real legs to stand on. I just think that Honor's comment about the spren duplicating what he did with the Heralds will end up indicating some sort of parity between the Heralds and Knights. So that the way they get access to surges and blades will be similar but done with a lesser power. 

• Chaos locked this topic