Mistborn with Bendalloy and Cadmium

bartbug

So, I was thinking about how limited steel mistings were compared to mistborn, and how Spook felt when he gained the complement of his tin in the hemalurgic pewter, and how that might relate to bendalloy and cadmium. Now, I'm not a hundred percent positive about the logistics of this, but could a mistborn burn both cadmium and bendalloy at the same time to create some bubbleception? Because bendalloy is limited to smaller bubble size, then the mistborn would be able to make a ring around himself were everything was slowed down.

Again, I'm not sure if this would work, but I think that this could be an excellent use for cadmium beyond its original capabilities solely as something for trapping people.

Unless the powers have some weird conflict when they're burned by the same person, that would work. Bubbles do cancel like a Venn diagram.

It would essentially result in the mistborn being in a bubble of regular time surrounded by a bubble of slow time surrounded by real-time.

Unless the powers have some weird conflict when they're burned by the same person, that would work. Bubbles do cancel like a Venn diagram.

It would essentially result in the mistborn being in a bubble of regular time surrounded by a bubble of slow time surrounded by real-time.

Sounds like it would make a very impressive form of armor.  Not perfect, of course, but it would make one-on-one combat very difficult, and bullets much easier to dodge.

Using it just for that you can get the same bullet dodgy use as you can just with Bendalloy, as Wayne does in alloy of law.

The big difference is the ven diagram usage, allowing you to slow down other near you without slowing yourself.

In case someone hasn't read the alloy of law yet but is still reading this topic.

An example of where this could be useful is with how they captured Miles at the end of alloy of law. If they could use this technique, they could in theory get him in the slow part without trapping themselves in it and potentially avoid the need for Wax to get the stuffing beaten out of him. Basically it would be useful anytime where you want to slow down somebody relative to everyone, including yourself.

• Chaos locked this topic