Theory: Damnation is in Shinovar.

DocHoliday

I don't believe enough attention has been given over to Talendel. Being one of only 2 scenes we KNOW to contain a Herald I believe the discrepancies of it deserve further review.(if this has been noted already, I apologize.)

Taln's return to Kholinar has 2 distinct issues I'd like to focus on. 

#1:  Taln's description outside the gates is remarkable. He is soaking wet, his hair is matted, and there are bits of wood and leaves in his beard. There is no mention of a storm that night, in fact the guards are specifically mentioned as being out of the guarhouse for fresh air. Far more telling is the mention of his beard. I imagine little twigs like floatsom on a pond surface.

I cannot anywhere recall rockbuds having leaves , only vines, nor do I find mention of rivers or lakes any where save the Pure lake. Shinovar is described as being a verdant green valley. And such greenery requires vast amounts of hydration.

#2: Delves much more into theory land, but I've been during to mention it.

His Shardblade. Its too simple. Everywhere else they are Masterworks of flowing design. Even Kalak says that the Herald blades are finely wrought weapons. Taln has a long, simple, silver spike. This post has been reported for attempting to skirt the rules man! LoL.

My connection to the Shin here is much more tenuous, mainly being that Sveth's blade is the only other deviation from the Shardblades we know. His is shorter, though still q long it's not 6 feet in length, and sharp on both sides instead of one. I understand the Odium-Sveth blade theory, but I thought I'd mention it.

I have the ebook so I was able to search for "leaves". There are a lot of them. The most memorable is the poison leaf Syl brought Kaladin. Also at least some of them come from trees. This is from Chapter 37, one of Kaladin's flashback chapters

Here, he found a small stand of stumpweight trees. Knobby and about as tall as a man, they grew leaves only on their leeward sides, running down the length of the tree like rungs on a ladder, waving in the cool breeze. As Kal got close, the large, bannerlike leaves snapped up close to the trunks, making a series of whipping sounds.

Sanderson, Brandon (2010-08-31). The Way of Kings (Stormlight Archive, The) (p. 541). Tom Doherty Associates. Kindle Edition.

You've taught me something new about my Kindle LoL still learning how to use it. You are quite correct, about numerous references to leaves. Interestingly enough, nearly half of the references are to Syl appearing. Universally the leaves are treated more as appendages on the plants and shrubs.

It's entirely possible that my own prejudices of what leaves look like on Earth are coloring my perceptions, but I received the impression from those same references that leaves are quite large on Roshar.

I also searched trees and located references to some forests near the Shattered plans, which are owned by Sadeas. I wonder again however . If forest is the same g thing on Roshar as Earth.

• Chaos locked this topic