Theory: Adonalsium Proliferation

askthepaperclip

Well hoid seemed to know were the people looking for him were. Its possible he had a normal courier travel and give it to them.

I don't know that i totally agree with your hypothesis I don't think it was a physical tool. too much of what we know contradicts that. your hypothesis stats that Adonalsium was a tool to access power but what we know of sel tells us that each shard is the power and the controller of the power. when the shards on sel were shattered the power is loose if the shard were just the focus of the power then the power would not be running rampant around sel. I think believe that the power of a shard is local to the shard. If the shard were to move to a different planet a lot of the magics would stop working. like if endowment were to leave i think people wold stop returning and maybe people would stop getting breaths a birth.but that would only be in endowment total remove its self from the planet.

i would be interesting if hoid was trying to make a tool to use all the different shards to create a Adonalsium replacement. like trying to create a super invested object. 

• 2 weeks later...

Do we actually know that the letter was written by Hoid to a dragon, or are we just assuming? I had never seen confirmation on this...

I think it has been confirmed: The Recipient of the Letter is a Dragon

In the meantime there is an answer to my earlier question:

I'd love to know what Hoid meant with "essentially immortal".

Q: You know Hoid’s Letter, that is in The Way of Kings, it is given to a dragon right?

B: He calls him an old reptile.

Q: Is he immortal?

B: Functionally, meaning he doesn’t age but could be killed

Q: And it is a he and not a she?

B: It is a he.

Steelheart Release Party Signing - audio Transcprition

• 2 weeks later...

I assume that anything Hoid forges using his samples from each Shardworld won't be nearly as powerful as the original Adonalsium Lens. It might give him great power- maybe even Shard level power- but it wouldn't be Adonalsium. I just feel like you couldn't create a God-Lens by throwing a bead of lerasium and some other stuff (a moon sceptre?) into a blender. To recreate the original Adonalsium, the process would have to be repeated on a much larger scale than what Hoid seems to be going for.

I see this correlate to spanreed Fabrials. A big and small ruby would both do the same thing, but one works from a much greater distance. With Hoids tiny Element perhaps he can do the same types of things as Adonalsium could, but just with less total investiture in play which may create limitations.

• Chaos locked this topic