Shallan's "Sight" and Soullcasting powers: Two sides of the same coin?

Kykeon

The idea for this camae when I reminded the scene where she starts to paint the corner of her room and "blinks" to memorize the scene.

Immediately afterwards, she hears" Who are you?"  in her head and freaks out, and the rest is history.

Now, my theory is that her Sight is a way to connect her mind with the spren in the vicinity which witness every situation that happens on the mainland (reminds me of the Obligators ).

Immedeatly after a drawing is finished, it 'fades' from her mind.

We know that spren can be controlled by recording information about them, so it should also work in he other direction.

Did I make myself clear?  

Just ask if I didn't, and feel free to poke holes in my theory.

Edited by Kykeon

Your theory is fairly clear, I think.

I'm not buying it though. It's an interesting idea, but I just don't see any reason why the spren being controlled by recording information about them should work the other way. And it doesn't actually really make sense too (I'm controlling the Spren to make them record information....which I did by recording information to control the spren......)

I can see how it might work, yes, but it just doesn't seem like the easiest explanation.

I think we've learned enough now that we might make sense of these.

Each order of Knights Radiant had access to two magic systems.  Maybe the memories are a manifestation of the magic system that Shallan has that Jasnah does not.

As to how the Spren relate to it---we don't know.  We still haven't figured out whether each type of bonding-spren (if that's how it works) provides two magic systems, or if they bond two spren, or what.

• Chaos locked this topic