Knights Radiant Orders

Odium's_Shard

post-2120-0-65574400-1325768683_thumb.jp

Ok. Look at the attachment. It's important for this theory. That's right, click it! Don't even have to download it!

On topic, the point of the attachment is for clarity. I have labelled not only the glyphs but also the Surges as they are drawn on the illustrations. For example, for 'Jes', the Surges are 1 and 2, and for 'Ishi', the Surges are 10 and 1. Good. Now, on with the theory.

Okay, so while looking at this chart (which you might need too.. sorry!) from Stormblessed, I got the idea that the shared Surge could be determined by the attributes associated with that order! Because we don't know their names, I am going to refer to the Orders with Jes, Nan, Chach, etc.

Right, for example, take Jes. It shares Surge 1 with Ishi, as you can see. Looking at the attributes for Jes on that chart, they are Protecting/Leading. You can see this right? Looking at the attributes for Ishi, they are Pious/Guiding. Now, to me, Leading and Guiding sound very similar. Almost synonymous. And so, I propose that the Surge that they share (#1 on the diagram), could be given the label Guiding/Leading (using a clockwise dominance, ie Ishi-attribute2/Jes-attribute2)!

Does it make sense so far? And so that would be the Surge they share. Using this system, I am first going to propose a list. Check on the diagram and the chart to follow along.

1. Guiding/Leading
  2. Protecting/Just
  3. Confident/Brave
  4. Obedient/Loving
  5. Healing/Learned (?)
  6. Giving/Creative (...)
  7. Honest/Wise (...)
  8. Careful/Resolute (...)
  9. Builder/Resourceful (?)
  10. Dependable/Pious

Key:

(?) = I'm not sure that these go... For Builder, I'm not sure what 'builder' could mean... Healing/ Learned could fit, but do they?

(...) = These could be rearranged and still work, but for me these seem to fit better like this. Needs others opinions.

1), 2) etc.= Surge number on the diagram (attached)

Also, my last point is then, if that is the list, and if Shallan does fall under 'Shash', which is about 96% in my mind, then the Transformation Surge seems to be #7 (Honest/Wise) because her access to it comes from 'truthspren' which make it a clear link to honest. This would mean that Jasnah would either have to fit into #6 (unlikely) or #7 (which does fit her pretty well, despite the discrepancy between her 'favored' Essences) in order to have access to the Transformation Surge. Which she does.

This also implies that Jasnah's link to Transformation may also be through the 'symbolspren' or, I propose, something similar to 'wisespren' (perhaps gaining knowledge satisfies them?).

Any, that's my theory. Please can I have feedback because its pretty fundamental stuff and needs double-checking by a (far) more careful/capable hand. Thanks in advance for any response, and I will make edits to the list as per the discussion requires it (i.e it is shown that it is more likely to be this/that combination that that/this).

Odium's Shard

seems like a really good theory to me. I personally am seeing builder as like a group builder or a confidence builder or something like that. could be talking about engineers though.

I tried going down the list by myself to see what i got without looking at you and i got the same as you except i broke down at the learned/creative/honest/wise ones. I have no idea how to put those.

Edited by Lantern13

This is why they have the (...). If I am honest, I placed them in this way simply because it makes greater sense with the Transformation Surge being Honest/Wise than Learned/Honest and Giving/Honest because they flowed better when making this compensation. For example, if it would have been Giving/Honest, it would have to have been Creative/Wise.. and that doesn't make sense to me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic