I have pondered if you can use a line of forbiddence as a sword. 

Now imagine you have a grip or pole the size of a hand, then draw a thin or thick line of forbiddence (depends on hieght/length of blade you want). You know have a weightless blade which is a great shield, but invisible

Rithmatist isn't Cosmere. 

Edit: Probably not. See this WoB.

33:50 Q Does a line of forbiddance on a mobile chalkboard move with the board?

Q: If you draw a line of forbiddance on a piece of on a chalkboard that’s sitting on the ground and then hit that chalkboard, will the chalkboard move?

A: This is the number one question I get, actually. The answer is, it depends on the size of the line and the amount of power that’s been put into it. This is actually relating back to Cosmere physics. If you look at the Cosmere physics, you can see exactly what happens with the speed bubbles, it’s the same sort of principle. It’s based on perception. So putting a movable line, oftentimes you will just have trouble engaging the magic on something that’s not stable enough to be viewed as stable. Drawing it on a chalkboard and then turning it toward somebody actually wouldn’t work, because you wouldn’t be able to engage that line very easily with the way the magic works. And if you did, it would disrupt the line, and it would be gone. Treat whatever I do with speed bubbles as the rule for Rithmatist magic, until I write the second book. If I decide to take it in it’s own direction, I will let you guys know.

[Source]

Edited by Spoolofwhool

• 2 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic