All the days of the Vorrin Calendar

callumke

I have put together a list of all the Vorrin contractions for the normal 500 days of the Roshar Year, out of boredom/curiosity.

The link is here

I thought that since I went to so much trouble creating it, I might was well share it.

The pattern is (from the Coppermind) is full Month -suffix week -suffix day. So the 5th Month, 8th Week, 4th Day is Palahakev.

I created this using a couple of do loops in Fortran, and as such a few names came out weird, and are noted in the document where changed.

If you think my suffixes are wrong, or have any other suggestions, please get back to me on the forums.

Thanks!

There are some problems.

Thanks Peter, any hints on how to correct it?

EDIT: Just found some corrections myself; previously, the sixth month was called Shah, not Shash. And I have changed all Ishi months to Ish instead. Now, this spreadsheet works with every date given in the epigraphs of tWoK.

Edited by FireArcadia

The abbreviation for Tanat is not right.

Kaktach means Kak - t-ach 08 - 09 - 03 (month week day), right? I think that is the only date we are given where it is the 9th week of a given month. Is the rule -at unless there is a hard consonant before it, ie when the month is Kak.

That would make Shashatan being 06 - 09 -02, and Vevates being 04 - 09 - 01. This looks a bit better.

Unless the rules are generally a lot more complicated than I had assumed...

Edited by FireArcadia

• Chaos locked this topic