Vancouver Signing

zxg15

First time poster, long time lurker. I was very excited when Brandon announced that he was coming to Vancouver, since I've wanted to see him in person since I started reading his books about 3 years ago. I figured I would share what I think is new info from the signing.

-One person asked what metal Wax's earring was made of. He wouldn't say which metal, however he did confirm that it does have a "slight hemalurgic charge"

-He talked briefly about a collaboration between him and a military friend on a military SciFi novel which is in the works

-I asked him for more info on what he meant when he said that Stormlight will be organized as two 5 book series within the total 10 books. Understandably he didn't want to give much away, he wouldn't say if there would be a time skip or not. He did tell me that there would be a large change in tone between books 1-5 and 6-10. Also, he said that since book 2 is now going to be Shallan's, he wants Dalinar's book to be number 5. He then talked about how the 5 characters that were introduced in depth in WoK would be the the 5 flashback characters for the first 5 books and the others would be more focused on in the final 5 books.

Edited by zxg15

haha, that was me that asked about the earring. he wrote some more information about it in the book, apparently Inquisitor spikes got melted down and reforged to make earrings.

edit: <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0bzgNhIx95s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

youtube video of the Q&A session.

Edited by CrazyRioter