- Kind - Unificated Voidbringer Theory (spoiler)

Natans

Hi there guys, here I come with another crazy thought, plx bear with me =)

XXXX- Attention Heavy Spoillers below -XXXX

Reading this topic http://www.17thshard...ted-magic-fish/ where our friend WeiryWriter(tks again) shared the aswer that Brandon gived to this question  “Are the ‘magic fish’ of the Purelake the result of symbiotic bonds with spren?" some piece fit in my head and I kind created this Theory.

Basicaly Brandon said this:

Yes they are. Many Creatures in Roshar have *some* interection with spren.

When I readed this a world of possibilities opened in my head.

We already knew that the "moving islands" and the clasmfiend had spren conection.

And now this confirm the animals also bond with sprens gaining "magical" properties.

Apparently in Rohar bonding with spren are a normal, the Radiants did, the Parshendi, and "some" animals  did, very commom indeed.

I always thinked that was odd that Jasnah didn't understod why some voidbringers are described as a gigant beast (Shallan drawing) after all a Parshendi in the "Voidbringer form" hardly could be mistaked for a gigant monster. But if then parshendi aren't the "Titan voidbringer" from the drawing what are it?.

The aswer is to me is that the Voidbringer creatures, (Parshendi in Odium form,  Clasmfiend from drawing and thunderclast from Dalinar Vision) are in true a being that was possessed by a corrupted spren. (What would explain the origin of the myth of a voidbringer that possessed people or "stole their soul")

The key point to me that prove this is the fact that in Dalinar Purelake Vision the "voidbringer" was a fish from the purelake that had red eyes. Well, we now know that the fish of the pure lake have some kind of spren bond, and we saw that they acted strange before a thunderlast appeared. To me that fish was possessed by a "Corrupted Odium spren".

In another topic I proposed that Galivar Black stone in reality are a gem with a "voidbringer spren" trapped inside, and if I'm correct sure would explain why the Parshendi killed him. They feared what that spren trapped there could escape bonding with other creatures or even bonding with the Parsendiswhat would bring back their old gods.

By the way, The Alenthi think that to the parshendi the clasmfiend are Gods, in true the "Gods" are a clasmfiend bonded with a corrupted spren, that also would explain the drawing in the book.

This idea that all voidbringer are in true some creature that was bonded with a "voidbringer spren" for sure would fit with Odium way of doing things, after all, if he only need corrupte/create a spren to hijack all the creatures in Roshar that have a spren's bond,in this way he could spare his investidure and make a almost inifinite army of creatures, (Clasmfiend voidbringer, Parshendi voidringer,even the Thunderclast) to do his dirt work form him, very crafty of him.

So what you guys think ? Could be that "corrupted sprens" hijacking the normal spren bonds be the origin of the voidbringers ?
Edited by Natans

I was under the impression that in the purelake there was a (corrupted) spren with red eyes, not a corrupted fish.

Also, I don't think it's easy for spren to break bond and jump to new "host", i.e. if the corrupted spren bonded with a fish, then you get a fish voidbringer, and that's it. Kill the fish, kill the spren.

Or, for those that have seen Heroes: kill the fish, save the world!

I like the spren hypothesis though maybe it is not corrupt spren as such and more an infection like a virus or taint like Mashadar. 

WRT the black sphere, it has merit, but if it were of importance to the Parshendi (and the knew Galivar had it), wouldn't they have got Szeth to sort it out while he was on the job?  Even if there is a one ring type type mysticism around it (i.e. the Parshendi didn't want it for fear of corruption) they could have provided direction to Szeth or its disposal?

Randomly generated hyposthesis.  It is Herald related it and acts like an amplifier getting the word of the almighty / proxy to the receiver.

Edited by el_warko

Q: As far as I can tell, in SA, we have seen three different lights: the stormlight, the amberlight in the flashbacks, and the dark light in the stone.  Do those correspond to the three Shards?

A: No, the amberlight is more a function of...it’s no different than the stormlight.

Q: So, you see that in a storm?  Like when gems gather that in the storm?

A: That amberlight is more related to…so, no…you are not seeing something other than stormlight.  That is like saying that stormlight in a topaz is a different color than stormlight in a sapphire.  It’s not different colors; you’re just seeing it filtered through something. The dark light of the, um, the gemstone that Szeth was given is indeed something different and distinct.

Q: Voooiidlight?

A: Yes, it is related to a different shard.  How about that?  (clearly not a confirmation of “voidlight”)

• 2 weeks later...

Kill the fish, save the world!

Then afterwards, travel back in time, and then tell past self to not worry about it, because the world will save it self regardless of whether or not you kill the fish...

Edited by Haelbarde

• Chaos locked this topic