Art Search Discussion

KChan

As you guys might have seen in the news topic, I've kicked off an art search for the Coppermind, so we can better illustrate the worlds and inhabitants of Brandon's work. One of my favorite parts of wiki-walking has always been admiring the pictures I found, and it's something I've sorely missed when it comes to the Coppermind. Rather than pulling random images off Google and Deviantart, though, I decided to invite our brilliant fanartists out there to contribute directly, choosing the works they contribute and how they're credited.

I want to make sure we have a place to discuss the search in case people have questions or anything they'd like to add, but since a news post isn't the best place to do that, here we are. Don't forget to spread the word - if you happen to know any awesome fanartists, let them know that we need their help! The more people participate, the better the end result will be. Thanks, guys!

• 4 years later...

I'd like to help, because I'm extremely interested in representing fan art on 17th.  @KChan, I'm relatively new here, but I'm also the admin at http://stormlightarchive.wikia.com/wiki/Stormlight_Archive_Wiki.

Fyi, it has been my goal to continue TSA.com specifically because I want the artwork of fans of Brandon's work to have representation relative to each his works.  I hope all who read this can understand this, whether you're an artist of any endeavor or not.

I'd really like to embellish 17th with with the artwork for characters, places, instances, etc. that are images created by Michael Whelan, Isaac Stewart, Dan dos Santos, Howard Lyon , and fan art, etc. for The Stormlight Archive and beyond.

Please know that I've been in touch with [[User:Botanica]] with regard to utilizing her images on TSA wiki; she, in turn, asked of me whether she could utilize the TSA wiki to develop the Chinese wiki of the same.  Still, this happened a few years ago.  Nevertheless, we both agreed that we needed to work together to create more globally accessible "Brandonsites".

I remain hopeful that Botanica will allow me to upload some of her original imagery to 17th, but I will confirm with her in effort to do so.

Edited by Synth
Added link

hey @Synth you don't need to keep necrobumping threads with complaints about 17th Shard or the Coppermind. And please stop pinging KChan, they aren't really involved any more.

WRT @Botanica specifically, they're already fairly active on both these forums and other places, and they regularly have added artwork to the Coppermind for us to use around the wiki. We here at the coppermind try to be good friends to Bota, and all the other fan-artists we know of. 

If you look around the Coppermind we have quite a few articles relating to the official artists, in both their real-world roles and their cameos in Brandon's worlds. The forums allow anyone to upload their own fanart if they want, and the wiki tries also to be very welcoming to artists including their art in pages if they are willing. 

• Chaos unpinned this topic

@Joe ST, I'm really new here so I don't know just what you're talking about re: necrobumping and I've no idea who KChan is, but s/he seemed to be involved in the topic to which I was referring.  I apologize if my commentary was out of date; I didn't look at that; I was interested in the subject matter.

Can I just say that I'm going to spend most of my time here within 17th on the Coppermind; that's just who I am; I love delving into information and delivering it where it's relevant.  It's not that I'm anti-social, but I'm really interested in providing readers with the best of references relevant to Brandon's novels that I might provide.  I admit that I'm committed to Stormlight above all else, despite however much I love the continuing Mistborn saga. So, please allow me some leeway!  Thank you!  I'm a dedicated editor and I always want to represent the truth.