Thus concludes chapter 5 of the AU comic/Last Bridge Standing.
- Everything about Gaz's backstory is, of course, a headcanon. To be honest, i don't think we'll ever get anything like that about him, because he's such a minor character, which is fine because it leaves me more room to experiment.
- The most important part of this chapter for me was showing him genuinely happy and smiling as a cute child and then having that smile be taken away forever.
- Luka started bonding with Gaz after he lost his eye. You can kinda see her there in page 29, chilling on his leg. I like hiding her in random places.
- The black and white pages are sheer laziness, but i think they worked out well.
- The red overlay on Kaladin is a symbolic depiction of the fact he's been gored by the storm and that i didn't want to draw that.
- I love Gaz very much. It's kind of an obvious fact, but i haven't gone on about it for a while and i want to. He's a very important character to me for some bizarre reason. I love the concept of "cowardly, greedy, petty bully who's secretly desperate to feel useful". I wouldn't say it's relatable but damnation if it isn't oddly endearing.