The Voidbringers are the Great Shells

snote

The Way of Kings says at some point that the swords of the Heralds are used as the Glyphs for each order of Knights Radiant. That the Honorblades (I'll assume) are drawn there to label that order. Which leads me to look at the glyphs for the orders of Voidbringers. If you imagine you are looking at the symbol drawn in each of those from the right perspective, I can see a creature that fits the description of the different great shells throughout Roshar. Like the one that would correlate to the "Elsecaller" glyph on the Voidbringer chart has definite visuals that fit with the Chasm Fiend's we've seen.

800px-TWoK_Rear_Endsheet.jpg

Anyone else think this makes sense? 

I've always thought they looked a little animalistic, or perhaps like hands. One issue with Chasm Fiends is that they have fourteen legs, and I don't see anything fourteen things on here. That said, this might belong more in the Stormlight/Words of Radiance Forums.

Didn't Jasnah point out that the Voidbringer illustration looks like a Chasmfiend except that it's missing a pair of forelegs and one pair of claws. That would reduce the number of legs to ten. Of course, it can't be all the Greatshells, as some of them seem outright benevolent.

Edited by TheArcanist

I've always thought they looked a little animalistic, or perhaps like hands. One issue with Chasm Fiends is that they have fourteen legs, and I don't see anything fourteen things on here. That said, this might belong more in the Stormlight/Words of Radiance Forums.

The one I point out in the description is the Chasm Fiend, I imagine you are standing on the ground and looking at it head on. So, the number of legs would be hidden behind the front set.

Didn't Jasnah point out that the Voidbringer illustration looks like a Chasmfiend except that it's missing a pair of forelegs and one pair of claws. That would reduce the number of legs to ten. Of course, it can't be all the Greatshells, as some of them seem outright benevolent.

True, and some of the Heralds seem downright malevolent in the main time our story is set.

• Chaos locked this topic