Hello friends!

Murka

Hey guys/gals! 

Newbie to the forum and to the cosmere, although I'm pretty sure I've read all the published cosmere works by Sanderson + some non-cosmere works, absolutely devoured all I could put my hands upon these trying COVID times.

So far my absolutely favorite non-serie novel is Elantris, in my opinion it sometimes feels a bit "rougher" than his later works but what it seems to lack in polish it absolutely nails in charm and general message of optimism facing at the least...non-optimal odds. I can safely say that having read it as the first novel by Sanderson impacted my life immensely. 

Of course later works, especially of the Stormlight Archives have "stronger" messages regarding depression, grief, loss etc' but Elantris always seem to stick to me better, at least with the nostalgy first-time reader factor.

Now, I'm not a cosmere scholar, and like I said I have not read any unpublished works I've heard left sometimes lying around the place :P I've read some outlines of Sanderson in some wob's that talk about plans for future eras in mistborn etc', but I'd like to know how's the forum acceptance of crazy off the wall theories that I've got swimming in my braincase without any scientific basis except "it sounds nifty to me and kinda makes sense ... although maybe that's too """"simple""" for Sanderson" 

Is crazy theory discussion encouraged? 

Welcome to the Shard! There are a lot of theory discussions and some are pretty crazy so I'd say all theory discussions are encouraged. I agree that Elantris was a bit 'rougher' since it was one of his first novels but it had its own special feel. I definitely liked it better than Warbreaker. What's your favorite Non-Cosmere book?