Were the Fused originally Singers?

Rlain

Were the fused all originally singers?  We know that the regals are formed by the singers accepting powerful spren of odium into their gemhearts.  But the Fused are formed of singers accepting the souls of the Fused into their gemhearts.  But here's the thing:  We don't know the original species of those Fused.  In particular, I'm rereading Odium's conversation with Dalinar and when Odium is talking about what he gets if he wins he says "You will give your soul to me....You will join the Fused" [ROW p1177].  

The fact that he says Dalinar will join the fused instead of saying Dalinar will lead the fused or something similar feels like it may be hinting that the souls that are the Fused may not need to be Singer in origin.  In particular, is there any reason we know of why they couldn't be Humans whose souls have become bound to Odium and are then hosted in a Singer's body.

It feels a little out there, but it feels like it's within the realm of possibility.  Am I missing something obvious?

I am so curious...

Maybe Rayse referred as u will become a member among the Fused. Also the Fused emphasize so much on singer culture from transforming Kholinar to tailoring their dresses accordingly.

Plus see Eila Stele. We still don't know much about the swap between the singer and human gods. Also Dalinar sees in Stormfather's visions that ordinary humans fought aside Singers during the desolations.

Perhaps that is why El is so sympathetic towards humans ...

I sincerely doubt there are human Fused. Remember how they reacted in OB when told to bow to Dalinar? Lezian the Pursuer? Sure, some Fused think well of humans but they're a minority. And why would Dalinar being told he will join the Fused be weird? It's exactly what he's doing.