Another Mistcloak!

Kaladin_Stormblessed

125 strips of fabric and many, many, many hours later.... I am proud to present my very own mistcloak!

http://imgur.com/a/AuF6H

I put all the images on imgur so as to save space here. :) Please forgive the last picture of myself, as it's pretty awful. ><

Each strip of fabric was run through a serger and each hem was done individually. I decided to use a silver brocade for the edging along the hood and the "upper cloak" part, since these cloaks are owned by the lightey-- I mean, the nobility (heh), and I figured they'd prefer a more "elegant" look.

I'll have more... "action-y" shots later, when I finish the rest of the costume. Until then, it's very entertaining to frolic about the house in this.

Very nice! I too like the silver trim. You should submit some of those shots to the gallery. :D That's what it's there for, after all!

Once I get some action shots I plan to submit them to the gallery. :) I haven't finished my vial-belt or glass knives yet, although the leather bracers are done. I could put up a picture of those... I think I will, actually!

• 1 month later...

That looks awesome! A friend of mine have plans to try and make our cloaks and go to a scifi or anime convention in about a year. We're not sure which convention though. It'd be nice if we could do it at one that Brandon might be visiting.

Brandon has a list of his upcoming conventions and appearances on his site through August of next year, if that helps you any (I'm personally hoping he comes to Dragon*Con again, but he hasn't said yet, and I'm pretty sure D*Con and Worldcon conflict this year so maybe not).