Worst 'We Were Talking Nice and They Became Hostile' Moment

Draginon

So who's had that moment where in person or online you were talking with someone and you both were very friendly and suddenly the other person became hostile over something that really wouldn't cause such a reaction?

I've had a couple of moments like this on DeviantArt.

The first was with a trans artist and we talked a little on a few of his pictures. On one I casually mentioned I leaned more on the asexual side, the conversation had turned to sexual orientation for context, and suddenly his tone became hostile and he went on a tirade that I was exactly like one of his past boyfriends who was asexual and called him a freak for suggesting to have sex, they were far enough into the relationship for that to be a common thing. I was so upset I almost wanted to break the unspoken rule of not referring to a trans person by their birth sex but instead I just left and never went back to their stuff.

Another one was just bizarre since I complemented an artist on one of her characters and she outright banned me from her gallery. Another artist we both knew had commented on artist #2's journal about banning someone earlier for trying to turn one of her characters into something they weren't or something along those lines and I replied to artist #2 that I was the one she banned and let them know what I commented, by this point artist #1 had hidden the entire conversation, and they thought she was out of line.