What are the mist spren that work as crew on Honor's Path. People have said that they are the truthwatcher spren, but I think the difference in appearance between of refracted light and mist with doll like hands and face is too big. I think they might be another sentient spren that simple does not or cannot create a nahel bond. Based on things that have happened in previous cosmere books I think it would make more sense if there were not 10, but 16 sentient types of spren. 

1 hour ago, TruthDancer said:

What are the mist spren that work as crew on Honor's Path. People have said that they are the truthwatcher spren, but I think the difference in appearance between of refracted light and mist with doll like hands and face is too big. I think they might be another sentient spren that simple does not or cannot create a nahel bond. Based on things that have happened in previous cosmere books I think it would make more sense if there were not 10, but 16 sentient types of spren. 

It's unknown currently exactly who or what they are but we know they are not affiliated with the Knights Radiant, only bound by honorships.

4 hours ago, TruthDancer said:

That is possible but we have no confirmation.  However Roshar works by 10s for some reason Kriss thinks it is odd too.  We know they are not Radiant spren and they do seem to be sapient.  We also know that they exist and that they serve Honorspren.  I think that it it.  Sorry.

5 minutes ago, Karger said:

Possible that their are 16 orders of sapient spren.

I do believe there exists sapient spren outside of the knights radiant orders (such as the mist spren), and Brandon has confirmed via WoB that you can bond spren other than the 10 radiant spren we know of and potentially get different abilities from it, but otherwise Roshar (the planet not the system) looks to be 10 centric so it seems pretty defined that there are only 10 orders at this point in time. 

• Chaos locked this topic