The Speed of Spren? [OB reference]

Dalakaar

Just a random curious question I had...

How fast can a spren move? The question was sparked as I was rereading OB last night and got to the part where Shallan is chasing after a Midnight Essence. She chooses to have Pattern form into a shardblade as she's running after it, and loses it in a room before seeing it squeeze through a tight window into the Breakaway.

Now, to my mind, that was a dumb idea. Or at least not a smart one. I would've (in hindsight/oversight) sent Pattern to keep track of this thing and report back to me. He can form instantly into the shardblade anyways and she wouldn't have had to run with the damnation thing which is doubtlessly awkward.

But that leaves another question in it's place... could Pattern have kept up? Or if the situation were changed and Kaladin was there in her place could Syl have kept up, or moved faster?

I am just beginning to realize how much info is tucked away into WoBs, almost feels like cheating, but regardless I'll take it. So someone here might already have offhand knowledge or maybe it hasn't come up yet. Or got RAFO'd. Anyways, not a question of huge import, just curious.

• Chaos locked this topic