Spoilers for Wor: Hatredblades

Left

Okay, so in Wor we found out that shardblades are just spren that made the pacts, but got killed by the Recreance. We're also finding Odium spren, or anti-spren, or whatever. I've just been thinking that the obvius thing to do is to start making hatred pacts with the spren and get anti-shardblades.
It has been shown that Odium can make? be influenced by? pacts because of the Oath-Pact so it looks like the shard's intent shouldn't get in the way.

I pretty new to 17th shard and so I'm not sure how to use all the resources and stuff, so forgive me if someone else has come up with this and I just can't find it.I'm sorry if there's a Wob on this already, but I haven't figured out how to use anything but the coppermind so far.

Okay, so in Wor we found out that shardblades are just spren that made the pacts, but got killed by the Recreance. We're also finding Odium spren, or anti-spren, or whatever. I've just been thinking that the obvius thing to do is to start making hatred pacts with the spren and get anti-shardblades.

It has been shown that Odium can make? be influenced by? pacts because of the Oath-Pact so it looks like the shard's intent shouldn't get in the way.

I pretty new to 17th shard and so I'm not sure how to use all the resources and stuff, so forgive me if someone else has come up with this and I just can't find it.I'm sorry if there's a Wob on this already, but I haven't figured out how to use anything but the coppermind so far.

As long as Odium is invested on Roshar, I don't think it would be impossible for him to make Odiumblades. However, just for clarification, Odium was subjected to the Oathpact, rather than being a willing part of it:

Q: How many parties were there to the original Oathpact?

A: The Heralds and Honor. They thought that by walking away from their oaths, that it would break the Oathpact. They're going to find out that it's not quite as broken as they had previously thought (meaning the Heralds).

<source>

Edited by Aether

As long as Odium is invested on Roshar, I don't think it would be impossible for him to make Odiumblades. However, just for clarification, Odium was subjected to the Oathpact, rather than being a willing part of it.

All right, that doesn't that he can't make pacts though, we just haven't seen proof for/against it. So the question is whether he would want to, or whether he just can't because of shard-intent, or the oathpact.

As long as Odium is invested on Roshar, I don't think it would be impossible for him to make Odiumblades. 

I had this thing typed up where I was bewildered by how you came to that conclusion, and then realized you said impossible, not possible.  Reading helps a lot.  Who knew?

--

So there's a term called Voidbinding already.  Seems to me like Odiumspren would be all-too-eager to take a destructive form.  

Worth small mention: Since the spren are there, and should technically be considered splinters -- it's now their choice whether or not to bind and not Odium's.  This makes me wonder if Odium would have to hunt and destroy his own splinters in order to uproot himself from the planet.  This would definitely match some thoughts about why it's a huge setback to get invested in a system.

I had this thing typed up where I was bewildered by how you came to that conclusion, and then realized you said impossible, not possible.  Reading helps a lot.  Who knew?

--

Yeah, I did the same thing. I know that there's the voidbringer spren, I just wondered if the only thing they are going to do is turn the parshendi into storm-form, and turn whatever other creatures into their voidbringer mode.

• Chaos locked this topic