Hi Everyone!

Markram

Hi everyone. I tried to register around the time of WoR's release but something got messed up in the system and I couldn't post. But after my second read, here I tried again and like magic, I'm in! So, most of the things I wanted to talk about have already been brought up and discussed by far more knowledgeable people than I, but nonetheless I'd like to still contribute to the discussion. And there's at least one thing left I wanted to bring up.

I've read everything Brandon has published and think he's a fantastic author, but beyond that I think the Stormlight Archive is a cut gem of the highest quality. I've read WoK three times and WoR twice, and there are very few books out there for which I can say that. Love the world and the characters and I spend a lot of my time wondering when the next book will be out...

See you guys soon in the discussions!

Welcome, Markram! You should fit right in here! As you said you were wondering, Stormlight 3 should not take too long to come out. Brandon's current writing schedule is Rithmatist 2, then the next Stormlight should be written soon after that. It may well be out towards the end of next year, a relief compared to the 3 and a half years before WoR.

Edited by GreyPilgrim

The amount of writing Brandon does, in addition to the other stuff like signings, writing courses and such, is amazing. I suspect he got a bunch of cats to help him :)

(Ongoing joke I have with a friend about our writing speed. I'm slow and have no cats, and she's fast and takes in stray cats left and right, so I told her she made the cats help her writing in exchange for opening the food cans for them.  :P  )

• Chaos locked this topic