Welcome, TWG Members!

KChan

As the topic states, welcome to 17th Shard! I know we're all saddened by the loss of TWG, but I'm also really excited that 17th Shard is able to give a wonderful community a new home. I'm KChan, also known as the Highprince of Stuff, and all my contact information can be found in my profile, so if you need something or just want to chat, drop me a line!

The best way to get started here is simply to look around and start posting! You'll find a shiny new section just for Dan Wells, the new Reading Excuses forum, and - of course - more Brandon Sanderson discussion than you can shake a Shardblade at! Not that you'd want to, of course. That just sounds really, really dangerous, and is kind of a silly idea to boot.

In order to get to know the staff better, I suggest you head on over to the Introductions forum. There you'll find the Get to Know Your Overlords 17th Shard Administration thread, along with the highly entertaining Staff According to Will. And to get to know what the various member groups do, take a look at our About page, which I will be conveniently linking you to right about here

Also, don't forget to introduce yourself! It's a great way to get to know your new internet buddies, and also a great way or those of us who weren't very active on TWG - if at all - to get to know you.

Once again, Welcome!

Hello! As I just switched over from TWG, I thought I'd just say hi here instead of taking up space with another thread.

I used TWG mostly because I'm part of reading excuses, but I also enjoyed the 'books' forum and occasionally posting the random cosmere theory. The book I'm writing is called Lord Domestic and is only a third of the way done.

In real life I graphic design/photograph, and am teaching myself how to web design. After Mr. Sanderson my favorite books out there are written by Adrian Tchaikovsky (speaking of which, are the gents from Elitist active on the forum?).

I'm sure I'll be seeing a lot of familiar faces out there (I already recognize Eerongal, of course), but I'm glad to meet all the new ones, too!

Edit: As a side note, I'm now following a ton of you on twitter. Started by just following 17th shard, but then I got carried away when I saw familiar names.

Edited by Hubay

I'm also coming over from TWG, where I've been for a very long time, since I met Brandon and Dan originally at The Leading Edge at BYU. Currently, I'm a member of their writing group. I'm really sad to see TWG go, but I just have to remind myself that change is good.

Welcome, Sigyn! I'm sad to see it go too, but I'm glad it didn't have to die completely. The people who made it what it is are still around, and I'm hoping that together we can build this new, combined community into something better than ever before! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi, I am new here, I decided to get a 17th Shard account at last. I remember hearing the name Hoid many times not recognizing him and I ended up at 17th Shard doing tons of research. This was all really overwhelming at first but I eventually remembered the information and got a solid understanding of the Cosmere. I am excited to exchange theories with the rest of the 17th Shard. I'm ready to get started :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yay! The validation finally went though and I can post now! (all it took was changing from a hotmail to my rarely-used yahoo email and it finally worked.)

Anyway, I'm Ruth, and have been a Brandon Sanderson fan for a few years. My 17 year old daughter and I are anxiously awaiting Words of Radiance! She's been a member here for a few months and I finally got my own account to work.

• 3 weeks later...

I joined about a month ago. Febuary 5th. Wanted to thank a couple of responces. I can't find them now. Had a horrible back ach. Good now. Feel I should hurry up as the second book is already out. Geeze...

• 3 weeks later...

Hey I'm Mike

Saw the link to the 17th shard on Brandon's website so decided to come bepart of the team. Totally fan of Brandons works, Just finished WoR and it was a total blast. I'm back tracking now and i'm going to read the Mistborn series. Any how, its good to be here.

Edited by Wind Runner

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello everyone ! I have just joined your forum because I am addicted to fantasy books and Brandon Sanderson is such an amazing author ! 

I have really enjoyed the Mistborn trilogy some years ago and now I cannot get out of the Stormlight Archives world anymore: it has been a few weeks I have finished the first two books and I am still thinking about it, re-reading favourite chapters, and stalking forums ...

The wait for the third book has begun  :wacko: .

Cheers

Lyly

P.S. Sorry for my english, it is not my first language...

• Chaos unpinned this topic