[OB] What was the Davar Family into?

CosmicSieve

I just finished the three Stormlight books, and with my brain like a sieve I find all the little details filtering away, and I feel like some important tidbits are just gone from my brain and there are just too many thousands of pages for them to hide in. So, if any of you can refresh my memory, I would be grateful.

1. How did the soulcaster break? When I first heard it was broken in WoK and the damage was described, I assumed it was a shadeblade that did the damage and that Shallan did it when she killed her father. This turned out not to be the case. Did we ever find out what cut the chains, and who had it when it happened?

2. If Lin was working with the Ghostbloods, what the heck were the Ghostbloods trying ti achieve with the help of such an unlikable guy? 

3. Who was Helaran working with? Same group as Gavilar?

4. If the Shard Bearer that Kaladin killed actually was Helaren (it was definitely Helaran's sword, and Amaram said the guy was Veden), where did he get the black horse and Shard Plate?

5. There were hundreds if not thousands of people who saw the Shard Bearer on the field, though not the battle where he was killed. Why did Amaram wait six months to publically lay claim to the Shards?

Edited by CosmicSieve
fix tag

1. I'm pretty sure it broke during the fight between the dad and Balat (I think that's the right brother) during her flashback. Blasts sword swing missed and he hit Lin's leg, and there are some sparks and a weird sound of metal hitting metal. After he's dead they search him and find the soulcaster in his pocket.

2. I dont know

3. Pretty sure he was working with the Skybreakers

4. Either from the Skybreakers or whoever he killed for the Blade also had some Plate

5. I think it's because he paid off most of not all of the people who could have known about the attack. Or the other people were just too far away to see it

3 minutes ago, Gray to said:

1. I'm pretty sure it broke during the fight between the dad and Balat (I think that's the right brother) during her flashback. Blasts sword swing missed and he hit Lin's leg, and there are some sparks and a weird sound of metal hitting metal. After he's dead they search him and find the soulcaster in his pocket.

Thank you! Totally missed that.

29 minutes ago, CosmicSieve said:

2. If Lin was working with the Ghostbloods, what the heck were the Ghostbloods trying ti achieve with the help of such an unlikable guy? 

The goal, which Lin's death completely ruined, was to create wealth and power behind Lin to make him Highprince in Jah Keved. The Ghostbloods would have had a puppet in one of the most powerful positions of one of the most powerful nations in Roshar. 

• Pagerunner changed the title to [OB] What was the Davar Family into?
  • Chaos locked this topic