Kaladin's Chapter Icon

Zelly

Question

What's the symbol on the flag?

Question brought to you buy this WoB:

Questioner [PENDING REVIEW]

This [Kaladin chapter icon] looks a lot like the Allomantic metal symbols? Is that completely coincidence?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

That's coincidence. There is something weird about that picture, but it's not that.

source

Well something's weird.  If it's not the flag I'm assuming it's what appears to be an eclipse happening.

6 answers to this question

We have a WoB. But it is unhelpful.\

Spoiler

illotsky

What's with the Stormlight Chapter symbols, and their similarity to other Cosmere symbols? I guess this is specifically talking about Kaladin and Shallan's symbols, and their resemblance to an Allomantic symbol and an Aon, respectively.

Is this just showing Roshar's place as significant in the Cosmere? Is there a reason those specific symbols were chosen for those characters? Anything you'd want to share, I'll take.

Brandon Sanderson

The meaning of Kaladin's symbol will be made manifest eventually. The connection to an Allomantic symbol, however, is mostly coincidental. (Both were drawn by Isaac.)

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/100-rbooks-ama-2015/#e3382

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:35 PM, Zellyia said:

That's coincidence. There is something weird about that picture, but it's not that.

I'm calling it now. It's the scene where Kaladin dies. That's Kal's cape and spear. The rest of the spears are Bridge 4 raising their spears in remembrance.

1 hour ago, theuntaintedchild said:

I'm calling it now. It's the scene where Kaladin dies. That's Kal's cape and spear. The rest of the spears are Bridge 4 raising their spears in remembrance.

I don't think so. That is too sad.

Edited by ElephantEarwax