[OB] Everstorm spren

Aon Ati

Hello everyone. I had a thought recently that turned into a theory and seems to work very well and I would like to have your thoughts on it. 

A while ago a couple of posts where asking what was the black misty spirit that was standing beside Odium at the Battle of Thaylen City. Some people thought it might an Unmade or something like that and since then I haven't seen a lot of thought about it. But I began to think about it and came up with a theory of what it might be. Dalinar is a Bondsmith whose nathel bond is with the Stormfather: the spren of the highstorms. So if the highstorms can have a spren, then what about the Everstorm? Since Dalinar was already bonded to such a massive spren then his soul would have had no problem bonding with an equally powerful one, except it belonged to Odium. The Everstorm was in close proximity so it could have taken physical shape. And Odium was trying to create the most powerful warrior he could, so it is likely that he would bond Dalinar with the most powerful spren he could find. That is unfortunately all I have as evidence for this theory, but I would still really love to hear what you all think.

3 minutes ago, Aon Ati said:

Hello everyone. I had a thought recently that turned into a theory and seems to work very well and I would like to have your thoughts on it. 

A while ago a couple of posts where asking what was the black misty spirit that was standing beside Odium at the Battle of Thaylen City. Some people thought it might an Unmade or something like that and since then I haven't seen a lot of thought about it. But I began to think about it and came up with a theory of what it might be. Dalinar is a Bondsmith whose nathel bond is with the Stormfather: the spren of the highstorms. So if the highstorms can have a spren, then what about the Everstorm? Since Dalinar was already bonded to such a massive spren then his soul would have had no problem bonding with an equally powerful one, except it belonged to Odium. The Everstorm was in close proximity so it could have taken physical shape. And Odium was trying to create the most powerful warrior he could, so it is likely that he would bond Dalinar with the most powerful spren he could find. That is unfortunately all I have as evidence for this theory, but I would still really love to hear what you all think.

The black misty spirit was Yelig-Nar.  He was hanging around waiting for someone to swallow his gemstone so he could infuse them.

The fused when they usually returned to Roshar, once slain they would be banished back to damnation due to the oath pact. But some how every Everstorm allows allows those that have been killed to come back, ignoring the oath pact. This makes me think the fused have somehow been bound to the Everstorm somehow. If so, then if there was a way to target the Everstorm, it could affect all the fused at once.

• Pagerunner changed the title to [OB] Everstorm spren

I doubt this is the case.. A Spren tied to the Everstorm would be one of immense power, and we know this: There are three Greaterspren capable of forming bondsmiths: The Stormfather, The Nightmother, and The Sibling. Very little is known about The Sibling.. Except, one of the times when Dalinar asked the Stormfather for more specifics about The Sibling, he received an answer that he had been hurt enough. It seems unlikely that The Sibling is tied to Odium or the Everstorm.. In fact, it seems to be tied to Urithiru. Some of the epigraphs in OB indicate that.

• Chaos locked this topic