[OB] We killed you

Lord Tavash Shar

"No!" Odium screamed. He stepped forward. "No, we killed you. WE KILLED YOU!"
Dalinar stood within a pillar of light and spinning gloryspren, One hand at each side, clutching the realm's that made reality. Forgivin. The pain he'd so recently insisted that he would keep started to fade away on its own. These Words... Are accepted, the Stormfather said, sounding stunned. How? What have you done?

Odium stumbled back. "Kill Him, Attack him!"
- Oathbringer Chapter 119 Unity page 1139

I don't think that Odium is referring to Honor here. First is that he says "We killed you." implying that he worked with some one. While its true that we don't know how he is shattering other shards the implication of we is a group and I doubt from his behavior that one of his mortal servants counts as we. After all he tries to get Dalinar to go give up his pain and ownership of his wife's death.
If my analysis of his personality is correct then referring to Honor here would say "I killed you.". Second is that his reaction is to strong for another shard being who he refers to. If it was I would expect a line more along the lines of "I shattered you once before." or a "Why do you think that power can help you?" something to undermine and distract the person ascending  and make attacking them easier on a psychological level. This reaction is more along the lines that what ever Dalinar is doing here is beyond or outside his expectations for the death in question.
3rd is the gloryspren. Honor or some kind of dutyspren make more sense if its Honors power he is tapping how ever Gloryspren are something that even Sylphrena says she is annoyed by as they "Don't do ANYTHING" . I would love to know if gloryspren existed before Honor and cultivation arrival.

Taken together the imply something more than a Well of Ascension type effect based around the remnants of honors splintered shard.

So to present my case. We know that Roshar and the first spren were all created by Adonalsium. we also know that in this scene Dalinar refers to holding both the Cognitive and Spiritual realms in his hands prior to uniting them in the pillar of light. Finally we see that the Stormfather is shocked by the acceptance of these words as Dalinars next oath implying that he does not understand how or why they work as an oath. Finally there are the dreams that are not coming from the storm father dreams of piece in an abstract and personal to Dalinars life way. I think that the assumption that this is all the power of a Bondsmith is incorrect. That none of the others Bondsmiths could have done something like this and that its not the fact that he bonded the Stormfather.
I think that Odium was so horrified because this is something of Adonalsium could have done. Maybe did do. A primal power of all 16 shards before their division that he has no counter for and no understand as to how it could be possible without the full powers of Adonalsium.

22 minutes ago, Lord Tavash Shar said:

"No!" Odium screamed. He stepped forward. "No, we killed you. WE KILLED YOU!"
Dalinar stood within a pillar of light and spinning gloryspren, One hand at each side, clutching the realm's that made reality. Forgivin. The pain he'd so recently insisted that he would keep started to fade away on its own. These Words... Are accepted, the Stormfather said, sounding stunned. How? What have you done?

Odium stumbled back. "Kill Him, Attack him!"
- Oathbringer Chapter 119 Unity page 1139

I don't think that Odium is referring to Honor here. First is that he says "We killed you." implying that he worked with some one. While its true that we don't know how he is shattering other shards the implication of we is a group and I doubt from his behavior that one of his mortal servants counts as we. After all he tries to get Dalinar to go give up his pain and ownership of his wife's death.
If my analysis of his personality is correct then referring to Honor here would say "I killed you.". Second is that his reaction is to strong for another shard being who he refers to. If it was I would expect a line more along the lines of "I shattered you once before." or a "Why do you think that power can help you?" something to undermine and distract the person ascending  and make attacking them easier on a psychological level. This reaction is more along the lines that what ever Dalinar is doing here is beyond or outside his expectations for the death in question.
3rd is the gloryspren. Honor or some kind of dutyspren make more sense if its Honors power he is tapping how ever Gloryspren are something that even Sylphrena says she is annoyed by as they "Don't do ANYTHING" . I would love to know if gloryspren existed before Honor and cultivation arrival.

Taken together the imply something more than a Well of Ascension type effect based around the remnants of honors splintered shard.

So to present my case. We know that Roshar and the first spren were all created by Adonalsium. we also know that in this scene Dalinar refers to holding both the Cognitive and Spiritual realms in his hands prior to uniting them in the pillar of light. Finally we see that the Stormfather is shocked by the acceptance of these words as Dalinars next oath implying that he does not understand how or why they work as an oath. Finally there are the dreams that are not coming from the storm father dreams of piece in an abstract and personal to Dalinars life way. I think that the assumption that this is all the power of a Bondsmith is incorrect. That none of the others Bondsmiths could have done something like this and that its not the fact that he bonded the Stormfather.
I think that Odium was so horrified because this is something of Adonalsium could have done. Maybe did do. A primal power of all 16 shards before their division that he has no counter for and no understand as to how it could be possible without the full powers of Adonalsium.

Nice post. If you browse though the OB section there's a lot of great info on the theory that Odium was referring to "Adonalsium" when he shouted at Dalinar. Also, some fans think that when he says "kill him!" it just adds weight to the possibility that Odium was indeed talking about Adonalsium. Due to the fact that Odium spent decades trying to mold Dalinar into his champion, a lot of work on Odiums part. So for Odium to want to kill Dalinar after all the work is kind of suspicious.  

• Chaos locked this topic