[OB] The fused and unmade, two huge problems that could possibly solve each other

.S.A.M.K.M

I kinda doubt we will see odium defeated in the archives due to just how wide scale a cosmere threat, but we could see his forces dealt with. The two biggest cards in his deck, are the unmade and the fused. If they are dealt with, then his forces here would be crippled, allow ing a chance for a kind of victory.

i have two theories about how they could be dealt with, and I just realised they could be combined. They could deal with each other.

since the newest book, we know that the unmade can be contained in perfect gemstones. So it is possible they could be all contained, but why stop there. Not only trap them in gemstones, but actual fabrials. I don't see nine individual fabrials, but one Multi functional fabrial, with the unmade differing natures balancing each other out. The thing about the unmade, while they can affect humans, they can also influence the listeners. So using odium own power against him.

the fused are apparently the empowered spirits of ancient listeners, that have lived and died multiple times. This process has made them technically all mad, they just have differing levels of self control, with those most twisted manifesting as thunderclasts. If they were some how made to move on, then odium would lack their power and experience, would be greatly undermined.

i just realised my idea of a fabrial  might be the solution to the fused. Target the nine at them. When that unmade was contained, it created the parshmen. I wonder if the fused could be similarly crippled or at least attack via such a bond/link. It seems like their anger and rage is what keeping them around. If it was removed or altered, then they might be freed or at least a lesser threat. I suggest them as a target due to their unique nature, so lessening a chance of the weapon harming humans or even ordinary listerners.

the high Prince of the unmade provides the connection to the fused and the void light to fuel the weapon. Since the fused are all already unstable, it would not take much to push them completely off the ledge. The three great mindless would push and break the fragile control of them. That unmade which inhabits a gemstone, which is then swallowed by a prospective host. This process forces the host vessel to grow crystals, this process could force the fused to all produce their own thunderclast body. It would be like creating their own gemstone prison, containing them.

This theory has so far found a purpose for five of the unmade. The corrupter of spren has claimed that it wishes to change sides. Due to their spren like nature, the fused could be vulnerable to being altered or co opted by her influence. The one known as the black fisher, from the brief description sounds like something involving sadness, grief, pain and depression. I think it could be another one similar to the mindless three, so used as another way to break the sanity of the fused. The midnight mother is a kind of shapeshifter, and she makes a kind of spren that can appear human. What if she produced midnight essence to join with each of the fused, connecting to the damaged sections of their spirit web, forever transforming them? The final one is very mysterious, but due to the use of Blight in the lore, I am guess something todo with disease, decay or death. While currently unable to fit the final unmade to the weapon, who knows what future books will reveal.

since this weapon is against the fused, it makes sense for it to be deployed during the ever storm, as that is how they get returned to the material realm. The best location for such a device would be the origin point of the ever storm. It might travel the whole world, but it begins from that specific location each time. Even if it can't force them to move on, their loss of control, means they would be limited as simply weapons of war. No longer would they be the rulers and commanders of the listeners, just mindless beings of war. It seems like there are nine orders of the fused, so each is likely associated or linked to one of the unmade in some way, so a weapon using all nine would affect them all. It might take repeated uses of the device, but it would be a great threat against the enemy.

if the fused were dealt with, then the heralds would be safer as they wont be tortured by the enemy as much in damnation. I don't know if all void spren are corrupted spren, or those created by the unmade, but with out the nine, they would be greatly diminished. The device would eliminate two of the terrible deaths.

Edited by .S.A.M.K.M

• Greywatch changed the title to [OB] The fused and unmade, two huge problems that could possibly solve each other
  • Chaos locked this topic