[OB] Oathgate spren

bdoble97

Do you guys think the two oathgates spren could be bonded and if so would that create a new type of knight radiant I just have the feeling that we're going to see all kinds of newer things that were never possible in the past for the KR . I feel like for it the Desolation to not be completed we're going to have to see evolution of the KR and the singers. 

I think it is likely that any sapient spren can theoretically be bonded. I think a larger issue in this instance is compatibility of the radiant with the spren. From what has been shown, a necessity for forming the bond is an alignment between the radiants actions and ideals and the idea that the spren represents. These oathgate spren seem to be very rigidly embodying a very specific idea that might be very hard to find a radiant to pair with.

5 minutes ago, aemetha said:

I think it is likely that any sapient spren can theoretically be bonded. I think a larger issue in this instance is compatibility of the radiant with the spren. From what has been shown, a necessity for forming the bond is an alignment between the radiants actions and ideals and the idea that the spren represents. These oathgate spren seem to be very rigidly embodying a very specific idea that might be very hard to find a radiant to pair with.

Very good points. I was thinking in the lines of if there could be a new order of KR that could bond a oath Gates friend could one of their abilities be instantly open a teleportation device with just Stormlight kind of like the portals in The Wheel of Time just thinking bit now but the way that Brandon Sanderson use the portals in the final battle in Wheel of Time was epic and would love to see something like that later on in the series maybe in the back 5 books. But with saying that I don't see Sanderson doing something that he's already come up with especially when it was in a different book series he's too smart to do that in my opinion

• Pagerunner changed the title to [OB] Oathgate spren
  • Chaos locked this topic