Greetings 17th Shard

toomsta

Hi All,

My name is Paul. I really only started reading Sanderson about three years ago, and even then I only read Mistborn. I've really only read the rest of his works in his Cosmere this year. So in that respect I am a new Sanderson fan. 

I must admit at first, while I enjoyed Mistborn a lot, I didn't quite get it at first. What I mean by that, is I didn't quite realise what Sanderson was doing. I read them as kind of "action" fantasy stories, focussed much more on the destination and the plot twists. It wasn't until I read Warbreaker that I started to "Get it". I've been back and read the original Mistborn, and I enjoyed it a whole lot more. I've found as I've read more and more, I get more into it, I see more of what Sanderson is doing, and his humour has become funnier. Make of that what you will. 

My favourite character is easily Sazed, followed by Kaladin, and Szeth. 

In terms of myself. I'm 37, a programmer, and hopeful writer.

Good to be hear!

1 hour ago, King Cole said:

Glad to have you on the shard. Have an upvote! 

So what is your favorite Sanderson book? Mine is the all mistborn series

sheesh, choosing a favourite book? Now that I think about it, it might be Shadows of Self. I really loved that. Though, you're right, all of Mistborn is great.

Thanks for the upvote!