MAG PBP Cops & Crew Campaign

Claincy

So some time ago I set up a campaign over on steel ministry that involves a skaa crew trying to pull a job while a smaller, but more powerful, ministry crew tries to hunt them down. Unfortunately due primarily to illness and work I was unable to start it at the time. However I am now seeking to get it started. We have enough players to run it already but I would be happy to take on more players if people are seeking an opportunity to join a campaign. If we get enough people I will simply add a second skaa crew attempting a job :)

If you want to sign up or here more about it feel free to pm me or create an account on steelministry and post in the recruitment thread.

Responding to Clancy's PM inviting me to this:

Oooh. Interesting opportunity. I would like to express interest and willingness to play, but I will add I have practically no experience with text, or dice, or table top based RPGs. I tried DnD once with a few friends who were relatively inexperienced and it was a complete and total failure. (never got past character creation). 

If this is a nice introductory level game, I would love to play and try my hand at RP based games. But if there is a decent curve for players in the game, or if it's probably better for anybody who has actual experience with the game, I'd probably have to pass.

I want to (eventually) buy the table top MAG and have fun with that, but right now I don't know exactly what it all entails so I'm not sure how well I  could play, at the moment.

Responding to Claincy's PM inviting me to this:

Oooh. Interesting opportunity. I would like to express interest and willingness to play, but I will add I have practically no experience with text, or dice, or table top based RPGs. I tried DnD once with a few friends who were relatively inexperienced and it was a complete and total failure. (never got past character creation).

That's fine. Heck I came into the MAG having only played ~4 RPG sessions ever, and I went straight into narrating ;)

We have more than 1 completely new player joining I believe. So you wouldn't be alone.

This probably wouldn't be the absolute easiest campaign to start with, but it shouldn't be too hard either. The main difficulty of this will be for me trying to co-ordinate and balance it, the player experience shouldn't be particularly harder than normal.

Given how the MAG is very much story-driven anyways, you'll be fine :)

Edit: As a matter of fact, if you join I believe there will be at least 4 people who have never played before in the campaign. You'll be fine :)

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

Responding to Clancy's PM inviting me to this:

If this is a nice introductory level game, I would love to play and try my hand at RP based games. But if there is a decent curve for players in the game, or if it's probably better for anybody who has actual experience with the game, I'd probably have to pass.

I want to (eventually) buy the table top MAG and have fun with that, but right now I don't know exactly what it all entails so I'm not sure how well I  could play, at the moment.

It is a bit more complicated since it is competitive, and it will certainly be possible for you to die. But you'd certainly be welcome on my crew!

In some cases, your level of experience actually makes it easier to understand a game like MAG.  People who come from a background of hyper-simulationist gaming oftentimes have a lot of trouble wrapping their heads around the lack of rules.  You should've seen the bewilderment on my brother's face (who loves Shadowrun - a system everyone should RUN FOR YOUR LIVES from) when I proposed using a system that doesn't track character movement down to the meter.  

-- 

I'm tentatively interested, but I don't have a lot of free time. I'm under the impression this is play-by-post. It says PBP right in the title.   Though I'm a pretty experienced gamer, I've always felt a little out of place with play-by-post, but it's extremely accommodating for schedule conflicts.  I'd definitely be able to read for updates several times/day and make time to post once/day as needed.  

So I guess tell me your expectations and if I can meet them, I'd like to join.

Edited by Pechvarry

So long as you are able to post once or twice a day on average it is fine. So from what you said you should be ok. Things will likely sometimes move faster when people happen to be on, but as long as you are able to hop on to post most days that's good enough :)

• 3 months later...

I'm going to do the double faux pa of necroing a thread and quoting myself, but...

Dude, you should change your title to Worldsinger to match my Worldbringer. BFFs!

@Claincy: You're still a Worldsinger! COSMERE FIVE (Connecting Roshar and Scadrial)!!!