Irma

Richard Kopelow

Irma is closer to an Everstorm- no magic and pure chaos

I see in not the only one who made this connection though! Stormlight is a fantasy series with a large focus on magical hurricanes and the new book is coming at the same time as these storms are causing havoc in the real world.

Edited by Nymeros

Yeah, I'd prefer to not draw comparisons to Irma. Doesn't satisfy anything. 

My unit is currently prepping for a convoy down to southern Florida for debris and supply relief. We've had to plot out our route 3 times now due to the mass exodus of Florida residents. There are very real dangers coming. Many will lose everything that's possible to lose. It's the time to do whatever we can to help, not draw comparisons on an internet forum to a book series. 

12 minutes ago, Kered said:

It's the time to do whatever we can to help, not draw comparisons on an internet forum to a book series. 

Eh, life goes on. Even if i was in a position where I would be massively impacted and not minorly inconvenienced as I am now (south GA resident here)......I would still draw the comparison. Im a fan of the series and its obvious. The timing is incredible. 

I wonder if Sanderson will focus on the logistics of mass evacuations and disaster relief.

Edited by Nymeros

• Chaos locked this topic