Mistborn: Final Empire Typo

9andahalffingers

So, I'm reading my leatherbound edition of Mistborn: The Final Empire and I see this typo

"He simply burned steel, reaching in and tugging against the weak source of metal that he assumed was the trapdoor's locking mechanism. It resisted at first, pulling him against the wall, but he burned pewter and yanked harder." Pg 117

I couldn't find an official typo thread for this book, so I figured I'd just post it here. But I'm pretty sure the steel is supposed to be iron. Cause he's pulling and yanking and stuff, not pushing

Edited by 9andahalffingers

Sounds legit. I think you're supposed to post the quote in the typos thread (It's at the top of the mistborn forum).

You should probably give the chapter/section and page number and the exact words in a quote bubble there. Pretty sure Peter, or someone from Sandersons team, goes through those threads every once in a while and decides whether or not each proposal should be corrected in future editions.

If you submit enough edits that get accepted they may even offer a personal Thank-You.

Note: I've never experienced this and can't make promises on their behalf, this is purely speculative.

• 7 months later...

hi so this is my first time posting and idk if its in the right spot or not.... but I also found an error. btw Im going to quote the sentences soo.. spoiler alert?? (not sure of forum policies lol)

Im reading final empire the UK paperback and noticed on page 266 after Vin wakes up shes met by Dockson who for one sentence turns into Breeze... 

She stopped, looking at Dockson. "Kelsier? Is he-"

"Kell's fine," Breeze said. "He came out of the incident in far better shape than you did. He knows the palace fairly well from the plans we made three years ago, and he. . ."

Vin frowned as Dockson trailed off.

On the next page Dockson says that Breeze is out recruiting so I don't believe he was also included in the conversation at that moment lol.

• Chaos locked this topic