Mother Night

HavoKinetic

Reading Mother Night by Kurt Vonnegut and this caught my eye, figured I'd share:

"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God Almighty Himself hates with you too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side."

This made me think of Odium. If Rayse didn't explicitly seek out the Odium shard, he's certainly taken to it well. Howard Campbell (the narrator of Mother Night) would call Rayse's unlimited hatred, his hope for god-justified hatred, a sign of his evil.

9 hours ago, HavoKinetic said:

Reading Mother Night by Kurt Vonnegut and this caught my eye, figured I'd share:

"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God Almighty Himself hates with you too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side."

This made me think of Odium. If Rayse didn't explicitly seek out the Odium shard, he's certainly taken to it well. Howard Campbell (the narrator of Mother Night) would call Rayse's unlimited hatred, his hope for god-justified hatred, a sign of his evil.

Interesting points.

Perhaps Odium was drawn to Rayse's odium as a human, his cruelness and seeming bitterness.

• Chaos locked this topic