Kandra skeletons.

Imagine if through some convoluted process of investiture hacking a Kandra became a knight radiant.

They said the vows and their spren gains the ability to become a Shardblade.

The kandra has the spren transform into a shardskeleton to use as their body.

Hell yeah thatd be cool.

If you thought this thread was building to some kind of point.

You were wrong.

O.o oh my... LOL. I guess they would have  unbreakable bones... That and when in the home land, they would have the most beautiful skeleton... I guess it would really be the only skeleton they would need. They could adjust the skeleton on a whim and change their appearance without changing the skeleton.  

Yes as Landis said, the Spikes will probably scary the Spren and avoid the Bonding...anyway also if a BraveSpren bond with him, I don't think a Spren may become a ShardSkeleton (multiple and mobile parts), but nice concept

2 hours ago, Yata said:

Yes as Landis said, the Spikes will probably scary the Spren and avoid the Bonding...anyway also if a BraveSpren bond with him, I don't think a Spren may become a ShardSkeleton (multiple and mobile parts), but nice concept

If any spren was brave enough to make the bond, they wouldn't need to make multiple parts in order to work as a non-rigid skeleton, because (once the bond gets to that level) they can shapeshift that quickly to begin with.  They might take issue with being stuck inside their 'Binder's body all the time, though.  

15 minutes ago, Landis963 said:

If any spren was brave enough to make the bond, they wouldn't need to make multiple parts in order to work as a non-rigid skeleton, because (once the bond gets to that level) they can shapeshift that quickly to begin with.  They might take issue with being stuck inside their 'Binder's body all the time, though.  

I don't think spren can manifest as a fluid metal. It seems to be that they need to dematerialize every time in order to change the shape, as that is what Syl was doing. Therefore, the constantly changing skeleton idea wouldn't work because there would be a period where there would be no bones, in which case the kandra would start to collapse, then there might not be room for the spren to materialize inside the kandra, and nothing would work.

Even if spikes were not a problem, I think plate would be more likely to be useful as a skeleton depending on how malleable its forms are.

The thing is: why would you use a shard skeleton when you could just use it as armor and protect yourself better? I suppose in that sense you would use it as some sort of exoskeleton,

Edited by nervousnerd

Even if spikes were not a problem, I think plate would be more likely to be useful as a skeleton depending on how malleable its forms are.

The thing is: why would you use a shard skeleton when you could just use it as armor and protect yourself better? I suppose in that sense you would use it as some sort of exoskeleton,

38340594.jpg

Edited by Full Metal Rithmatist

• Chaos locked this topic