Shardic Intent enhances potential?

Temerius

Question

Hello everyone, new guy here with plenty of questions!!! I was perusing the forums when something struck me.

A Shard's Intent limits what they are capable of. For example Ruin can't create things, and Preservation can't destroy. But, what if it makes them better at what they can do? When comparing

Ruin to, say, Dominion or Odium, is Ruin the same at destroying stuff as them, or is he better because of his Intent? 

Also, if a Shard came along with no Intent, would it be capable of doing everything the other Shards can do, such as create and destroy, dominate and be autonomous?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers to this question

i belive that this is tha case  but  it also has to do with the power they can manifest , Ruin for example was weakend due to having his "body"  stored away by Preservation 

apart from that i dont think that there is a shard with no intent , (since they are the shatered parts of god , each of them reprisenting one part of his will/intent) but ther are some more  "intent neutural" shards like ambition  or the rumored survival 

Oh, so if that's true then wouldn't Ruin(full power) vs nearly any other Shard be in Ruin's favour? After all, destroying is kinda the point in a fight. If he had managed to escape with his body from Scadrial, he would have ended up wrecking the cosmere more than Odium!!!