A New Year's letter worth a read

aeromancer

It is the start of a brand new year, and a lot of people (myself included) are still in a state of recovery from precisely what just it us. To aid my recovery, I recently listened to an open New Year's letter from Dr. Jordan Peterson. Dr. Peterson is a name that some people might recognize, he's an eminent professor at University of Toronto, active psychologist, and routinely gives lectures on various topics, mostly philosophical. I listened to his letter, and it blew me away.

The video can be found here, and the text of the letter can be found here. Now, a slight word of caution. Dr. Peterson is an academic, and thus uses a high level of diction, but more importantly, he uses heavy philosophical concepts, and uses them without abandon.

I didn't post this so much as to have a discussion, though, rest assured, I have no problems discussing it, I chose to post this because this is something I feel strongly that people should hear. Not necessarily to agree with everything, but it's a very valid viewpoint that I wanted to share with open minds. That being said, please listen or read the letter with an open mind, and if you find yourself agreeing with parts of it, Dr. Peterson has around one hundred and fifty similar lectures or discussions on YouTube.

Also, for the moderators of this site. Let's try to keep all discussion (if any does occur) as calm as possible. And, if you have any other letters that you think the Shard would benefit from, please post them on this thread as well.

• Chaos locked this topic