Sherlock

Left

Sherlock has returned at long last! I just saw the season four premier last night. What did ya'll think? 

I love the show generally, but each season seems to have one episode quite weaker than the others( such as Hound of the Baskervilles) and I guess I'm feeling like the season four premier was only on par with that. But, what did everyone else think? And what are your favorite episodes and characters so far? 

I love all three finales, Molly, Mary, and Lestrade, and of course Sherlock and Watson. 

The Hounds of Baskerville was actually one of my favorite episodes. The Abominable Bride confused the crem out of me, although I highly enjoyed seeing Victorian-era versions of the BBC Sherlock cast (in contrast to the Victorian-era Robert Downey Jr Sherlock movie cast). I always get a kick out of Sherlock's inability to remember Lestrade's first name and thought John's cueing him in this episode was hilarious.

I have more to say, but it's late and I have to get up freakishly early tomorrow, so this'll have to do for now.

I absolutely loved the premier except for that one bit.

I didn't like that one bit.

Moffatt, you're really starting to piss me off.

Other than that, I quite adore this show, and I think I'm in need of another marathon. :D 

Edited by Slowswift

10 hours ago, ThirdGen said:

The Lying Detective - best episode yet.

Quite possibly, although it's reaaaaaally hard for me to say that when I then immediately have to think back to the past three finales.... Still, the layering in this episode was phenomenal. I'm not sure if I can handle Watson if he stays "Marry" smart. I mean that last scene with him and Sherlock was crazy, as was the scene with Mycroft where John manages to just keep pushing them back. 

I'm not sure how I feel about Eurus, it depends on how the next episode goes. 
Can I just say that I thought there was something very off and fishy about that therapist from the very beginning of the episode? 

57 minutes ago, LeftVash said:

Can I just say that I thought there was something very off and fishy about that therapist from the very beginning of the episode? 

Definitely, but it was hard to be sure in an episode that started with everything being off and fishy.

• 3 weeks later...